• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Autowear-Phone tasks to do stuff on watch

electricpete

Android Expert
Jan 7, 2012
I have set up "wear tasker " and I find it provides plenty of convenient ways to launch [phone] tasker tasks from the watch.

But it doesn't provide any ability for phone to do things on the watch (example - set watch brightness to max, launch an app on the watch)….

....For that purpose I downloaded autowear. I don't need any of the fancy voice capabilities, just want to simply create tasker tasks on the phone which will do things on the watch (change watch brightness, launch a watch app). I know autowear has those capabilities, but I can't figure out how to do it (the interface is daunting.)

QUESTION: Can anyone provide instructions or tips on how to set up a tasker/autowear task on the phone which will do the following:
1 - set watch brightness to max
2 - launch an app on the watch?

==========LATE EDIT====
Brightness was easy:
Plugin/autowear/settings/configuration/brightness/255

Still somewhat stuck on launching an app:
plugin./autowear/app/configuration./launch app....
gives me a blank to put in a name of an app.
If I put "Maps" (no quotes) into the blank, then it launches Maps on the watch, great.
If I put "BeyondPod" (no quotes) into the blank, then it launches BeyondPod on the watch.
So far so good, but...
If I put "keep" or "Keep" into the blank, the watch tries to launch "keeper dna" on the watch. I don't even know what keeper dna is... I was just trying to launch google Keep as an excercize.
If I put in "weather" or "Weather" into the blank, it does nothing. And weather does not show up in the list of system apps either. (Weather is the one I'm most interested in launching).

Above I was just guessing as to what name to put into the blank. But I shouldn't have to guess.
MY QUESTION: Where is the list that tells me how I should choose/format an app name to be inserted into the blank so that it will be understood/executed correctly by autowear?

Created a thread on the developer's autoapps forum:
http://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?threads/launching-weather-app-on-watch.1334/

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones