Aux Cord Car IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. R=G

R=G Well-Known Member

Anyone having issues plugging an AUX cord in to play music in their car? It works at first but then it dies and you have to twist it back in a certain way to play the music. LOL. That's not gonna work at all. Do I have to send this back in so I can play my music or what? I talked to T mobile and they told me it was a issue with Samsung. Odd. Yet I called Samsung and the lady is talking about needing a certain "adapter" that is Samsung S4 compatible to work. Never heard anything like it. The headphones are kind of iffy and it connects most of the time but sometimes it needs to be reasserted.

Anyone have these kind of issues? Am I gonna have to send this back to T mobile and get a new one?

Advertisement
    Bobby R likes this.
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

First I've heard of it!

Are you sure that there is nothing in the jack (dust/lint)?
  3. zebug

zebug Well-Known Member

Works for me without a problem... I think T-Mobile is screwing with you
  4. ThatOneRearEnd

ThatOneRearEnd Well-Known Member

Bluetooth A2DP FTW! ;)
  5. R=G

R=G Well-Known Member

The aux cord works perfectly for my S2..so the dust or lint issue shouldn't even be it. Never heard of that being probem with any phone ever...

Ive never even tried to use the Bluetooth.
  6. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

My Aux cord in my Si works great with my S4.
  7. phonebuddy

phonebuddy Active Member

Maybe water got on the connections and corroded it? Might have to repair the audio jack or port. It's not too bad of a job! Does the jack look discolored, maybe? I'm not sure what corrosion on that phone would look like.
  8. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

It was, unfortunately, a VERY common issue with the Droid Razr (which is why I mentioned it). Doesn't hurt to check! :)
  9. Bobby R

Bobby R Member

Dunno how lint would bung up the headphone jack. BUT, went to the grocery store listening via headphone to Aux car radio. When I came out the headphone plug wouldn't seat in the jack. About 1/16" from seating. Tried a few workarounds from google to no avail. BT here I come. Carry my S4 in my pants pocket and I ain't about to change that.
  10. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

I would check for interference between the plug and the smartphone case that might keep it from plugging in firmly. Trying it without the case would be the first step.