AUX line in for audioSupport

Last Updated:

1. mavictb

mavictb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so yeah my smartphone is smarter than me hahaha...

so yeah I am trying to use my internet radio on my Vibrant and plug the phone into my 5.1 surround system using the 3.5mm jack... currently I have the 5.1 hooked up to my laptop so I know that it works correctly on the 5.1 side.... but when I connect the phone to the 5.1 I get no sound from the phone at all.
    any ideas on whats going on here?

Advertisement
  2. jkcheng122

jkcheng122 Well-Known Member

Did you plug your phone using the 3.5mm jack into the laptop's headphone jack? It seems you may have connected and output port to another output port.

3. mavictb

nope the 5.1 has a 3.5mm male jack that you connect to the source you wish to use. I was just saying that I had the surround hooked up to my laptop headphone jack and it worked fine but when I unplug it from the laptop and plug it into my phone... no sound....

ninja edit... it seems to be working now... odd. no worries lol.

4. howetechnical

howetechnical Well-Known Member

Let me guess...you pushed it in all the way? Haha. That's a common issue for some reason, people think it's all the way in when it's not.

5. mavictb

actually that want the issue... I had it plugged in all the way (I checked from a previous fail on my part on that subject) lol

I really dont know what the issue was to be honest... but my phone has been acting crazy lately... google search was force closing on me all last night, even after a reboot... I cant wait till 2.2 so I can be back on a stock rom.