[Avail] Am I the only one who can't root my ZTE-Z990 (AT&T Avail)?

Last Updated: 2013-07-04 02:12:10
  1. tgeer43

tgeer43 New Member

I've tried the sticky at the beginning of this forum as well as a plethora of other methods. Lost count of how many times I had to restore my phone to factory defaults.

I think where I went wrong was after buying the phone in April or May, I accepted one of AT&T's software updates.

Can anyome please help me with this? Phone info is as follows:

Model Number: XTE-Z990 (AT&T Avail)
    Android Version: 2.3.4
    Baseband Version: Z990B01
    Kernel:2.6.35-perf+zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT
    Build Number: Z990V1.0.0B19

MUCH THANKS IN ADVANCE. THIS PHONE COMES WITH SCANT LITTLE INTERNAL MEMORY AND I NOW HAVE TO UNINSTALL AN APP IN ORDER TO INSTALL A NEW ONE. SURE WOULD LIKE TO GET ALL THAT GOOGLE BLOATWARE OFF THERE ONCE AND FOR ALL.. (Sorry for the all caps, I wasn't looking).

Advertisement
  2. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Well-Known Member

3. jdkfam05

jdkfam05 New Member

how to install???
  4. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

you should try Stayboogy's trick. he has a ROM all ready to go that is pre-rooted, and in backup form. download it, boot into your phone's built-in recovery tool, and restore that file as a backup and you're rooted. install Super User app from Play Store and have at it!
  5. arevaloallan

arevaloallan Member

Tcard link broken please give me a working link
  6. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

androidarea51.com/***-all-things-root-***-166/(t-card)(avail)/
  7. crakmonkey4050

crakmonkey4050 New Member

AT&T Avail ZTE990 Go Phone

Performing the T-card flash worked perfectly. I did lose a little data but nothing I can't live without or redownload.

All I had to do was flash T-card update, then enter the code (*983*7668#), wait a few minutes and then install Superuser from the play store and I was off and running with root access.

Thanks to all who did the research, reposted, troubleshot, etc. Maybe one of these days I'll be so brave as to attempt one of the custom roms.
  8. androidfan10

androidfan10 Member

i have an att avail i dial the *983*7668# code and nothing happened what do i need the t card or something?i am new here
  9. out of ideas

out of ideas Well-Known Member

stayboogy likes this.
  10. androidfan10

androidfan10 Member

ok now i finally rotted my device but after i installed the t card now instead of google play now its android market need help upgrading android market to google play
  11. out of ideas

out of ideas Well-Known Member

it updates itself.