• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Avail Bluetooth Issue

taylornic

Lurker
Mar 4, 2012
Anyone turned bluetooth on and had it slow the phone to a crawl? I turned on bt to use with my headset and tried to make a call. I hit contacts and hit call and almost 5 minutes later the dialer popped up and began the call. Processor usage is 75% bumping to 100%. Turning off bt doesnt stop the processor usage, i have to reboot, then things are normal until bt is turned on again. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Taylor

Anyone turned bluetooth on and had it slow the phone to a crawl? I turned on bt to use with my headset and tried to make a call. I hit contacts and hit call and almost 5 minutes later the dialer popped up and began the call. Processor usage is 75% bumping to 100%. Turning off bt doesnt stop the processor usage, i have to reboot, then things are normal until bt is turned on again. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Taylor

Are you rooted? Are you using a launcher other than the stock launcher?

I'm getting the same thing. The problem began for me after I rooted. So I reflashed to the stock FW and re-installed everything but the problem remains. I thought it may have been vlingo related so I uninstalled it, problem remains.

Please help!

Upvote 0
any new info on this? I just purchased a BT headset, but I can't make any phone calls with it. Unless I wait about 5 minutes for the phone to actually dial. The whole phone basically slows to a crawl.

I'm running one.three right now. I read above that going back to stock won't help the issue, so I'm at a loss for what to do. I am rooted, as well.

Upvote 0
I'm having similar issues. I have rooted my phone. What I noticed is that when I flash my ROM back to stock, I have no problems with my first bluetooth pairing. Once I start moving system applications around using Link2SD, then my bluetooth problems begin and remain. My phone slows to a crawl until I successfully disable bluetooth (which takes a long time) and reboot the phone.

Upvote 0
I'm using the one.three Rom. I didn't think I'd ever go back to the stick Room do I didn't back it up. That & I didn't know how to at the time I done the switch. I had a TB of it but lost it when I done the switch.

I also noticed that SMS & contacts is slow while Blue Tooth is on & WiFi won't work until reboot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones