[Avail] [ROOT] EASIEST AVAIL ROOT METHOD--UPDATE.ZIP [no adb needed]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. stayboogy

stayboogy Well-Known Member

***thanks to jcase for his root method--without him this would not be possible***

EASY ROOT UPDATE.ZIP METHOD
    FOR ZTE AVAIL
    (INSTALLS THROUGH STOCK RECOVERY)

DO NOT RE-POST ANYWHERE ELSE
    IF I SEE THIS RE-POSTED ANYWHERE ELSE, IT WILL BE PROMPTLY REMOVED

YOU MUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS EXACTLY AS THEY ARE POSTED

ZTE Avail Z990--ROOT--UPDATE.ZIP METHOD - YouTube

new-root-update.zip

1) download the new-root-update.zip from above, and copy to the root of your sdcard and rename it update.zip--do not edit, extract, etc or it will not work

2) reboot phone into recovery (turn off, hold volume up and menu while powering on)

3)
    you will scroll to "apply sdcard:update.zip" and press the "back" key and a new recovery will be temporarily installed and will load immediately

4) after the install, reboot the system

5) go download and install superuser from the market

YOU ARE NOW ROOTED

THANK ME IF THIS HELPED YOU

Advertisement
  2. jamespfassett

jamespfassett Well-Known Member

The Ultimate easy root for everyone else... You are the man StayBoogy!

There is no telling how many people this will help.
  3. stayboogy

yeah, it's pretty awesome.

it's probably too easy now lol

i know it works as long as the directions are followed. i'm so thankful that someone use my temp recovery to make an un-rooted merit nandroid cause without that, i never would have been able to test this and release it to the public.
  4. jamespfassett

Is there such a thing as too easy?

This is the biggest thing to hit the Avail/Merit since JCase made the first breakthrough...
    stayboogy likes this.
  5. valueforvalue

valueforvalue Well-Known Member

Well done boogy!
    Deepfried likes this.
  6. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this. You have made it easy on all that fallow us. You my want to give a little more credit tho. Sometimes it takes a new set of eyes to see the simplest things we miss.
  7. stayboogy

him rooting with that method has no bearing on anything that i've done since then. aside from that he never posted his nandroid either for me or the community.

i told valueforvalue that this one of my next endeavors just yesterday. here it is a day later and it's done.

sorry, i've not missed anyone to give credit to...
  8. valueforvalue

Amen to that boogy.

Kingmt, it was very presumptuous of you to suggest to stayboogy who he should or shouldn't give credit to.
  9. jamespfassett

""Kingmt, it was very presumptuous of you to suggest to stayboogy who he should or shouldn't give credit to"" -ValueforValue

We're not all trying to jump on you or anything, its just that everybody here works on the honor system. Anyone can sit at the table as long as they bring somthing to it.

EDIT- And I doubt anyone is gonna get rich either...
  10. Russ71

Russ71 Well-Known Member

Sounds like somebody should apply for a patent.
  11. jamespfassett

I dont know if you can patent open source... just a thought...
  12. valueforvalue

13. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

The question has been asked and answered, no further need to derail the thread.

The topic is a great rooting method.

Cheers, thanks. :)
  14. stayboogy

[FONT=&quot]just for clarity, i was not inspired nor was this method suggested by anyone.

it is an original idea of mine.

and it would not be possible without the help of valueforvalue and his updater-script for getting permanent non-root cwm recovery working
    or without the help of algree and his non-root nandroid made with "my" temporary non-root cwm recovery

thanks for the defense above EarlyMon
    [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
  15. Knave

Knave New Member

Wow thank you so much!

I just got a Merit a few days ago (first smartphone), and was a little disappointed when I realized how much of a hindrance the 128mb internal memory would be. But rooting + link2SD seems to solve that, so I'm working on getting that working now.

Don't know if anyone else has the same newbie issue as me, but if so the only thing I would maybe add to the instructions is this (since I didn't know how to do it and had to google around for a while and try different combinations until I figured it out):

For step 3 (reboot phone into recovery), on the Merit this is done by powering down the phone, then holding down the menu key, volume up key, and power key until the phone powers up in the boot menu.
  16. Deepfried

Deepfried Well-Known Member

So i followed this step for step and it doesnt seemed to have worked. I DLed Superuser but no Root Apps work and i do not have CWM recovery. What did i miss???? Please help.
  17. Deepfried

Did it again with no luck. I followed it step by step. Im at a loss...
  18. valueforvalue

I just sent you a private message Deep fried. Get back to me and I will see if I can help.
    Deepfried likes this.
  19. Deepfried

Returned...
  20. csumm

csumm Member

The files won't download for me
  21. csumm

csumm Member

I'm a newbie that's been struggling with this the
    past couple weeks can anyone help?
  22. valueforvalue

That is strange deep fried had no problems and I have downloaded them myself.

What does it say when you try to download?
  23. stayboogy

cwm recovery isn't permanent with that file, hence why it's called "temp_recovery"

if you want permanent cwm recovery without root, find the appropriate thread and use that file for your phone.

secondly, this method works, otherwise i wouldn't have posted it.

there's is either something wrong with your download, or you are not doing something right, or there is something wrong with your phone...

i've personally done this over and over without any hitch. the method is flawless...
  24. csumm

csumm Member

Download unsuccessful
  25. stayboogy

problem on your end. i just downloaded them.

how you can mess up a download i don't know, but i've done it, i uploaded them and i personally know there's no problem...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.