Availability

Last Updated:

1. kgc107

kgc107 Active Member This Topic's Starter

When the EVO comes out, do you think it will be sold out immediately? Or would everybody pretty much have a chance to get it if they want it?

I have never had a smart phone. I got my first cellphone sophomore year in HS. 6 Years later, my current phone is Blackberry 8703E. Needless to say, I am excited to get out of my parent

Advertisement
  2. chum1600

chum1600 Well-Known Member

I don't know if it will sell out or not, but I am not going to take a chance. I am going to preorder mine from somewhere. I can not wait to get this phone and there is no way I am going to let it sell out and miss out on this phone.

3. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

Welcome kgc107. A lot of people are excited about this phone, but the turnout won't be anything like apple sees.

4. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

I'm going to pre-order mine because I expect them to sell a lot of these phones.

5. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

It's impossible to know really without knowing A) How many units are going to be available and B) how well Sprint does with its marketing. I mean the HD2 has sold out 3 times with T-Mobile...I don't know if thats due to demand or to low quantities manufactured.

But like most others, I'm not taking a chance.

6. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

you never know bills it may be just as big if not bigger. this is teh phone of the year and its on a sprint which is the only 4g network in place. it has alot going for it. mainly that its not on at&t but

7. billsmed

My point about apple is that in February of this year, they sold twice as many iPhones as all Android devices combined. Their product is well known, whereas the EVO is not. The general public knows nothing about it, YET. It would be great to see this phone make a difference, but it's going to take a long time before it has anywhere near the recognition the iPhone has. Therefore, I don't think you'll see the long lines like those waiting for a new iPhone.

8. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

not really google said they are activating 60k units+ a day which is 5.4 mill in the first quarter and apple did around 8 mill so we are gaining ground fast

9. sag7392

sag7392 Well-Known Member

All I know is, is that my black a** will be at the local Sprint store I've been in communication with at 5am the day it drops...yes, 5am! I've never wanted a device as bad as I want this one and I'm not missing the boat on E-Day. Hell, I'm going to give high fives to all the store reps, people like me who are there, and come out the store with it in the air! June can't come fast enough!

10. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

I don't think it will sell out. I'm going to get it mid-day on launch day :D.

11. Autosuggestion

Autosuggestion Well-Known Member

The Pre sold out at most stores, I have a feeling the EVO will do the same.

12. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

Not here. The stores had enough Pre's to go around here in LA.

13. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Bottom line...I'm getting this phone on the first day it's out. I'm having EVO for breakfast.

14. Autosuggestion

Ah, well at the store I went to for mine, there was about 50 people in line before the store even opened.

15. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

yea i don't think it'll sell out where i'll be getting mine, either at best buy or local sprint store, in an upper-class suburb, most people have iPhones, and it's more of an adult community so i think i'll still be able to get one if i don't get there early... though i will get there before noon, that is for sure

16. billsmed

This is the graphic I had in mind when I said apple sold twice as many phones in February as all of the Android phones combined and they also sold as many as ALL OTHER smartphones combined.

[​IMG]

This is the main reason I say the lines for the EVO won't be as long as any of the iPhone lines have been. That's all.

17. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

I went on launch day for my Pres and I think they sold out later in the day. I didn't wait outside or anything but I rolled down there around 10 am on June 6th and got in line. Was in and out pretty quick and it was a pretty good experience. I had a Best Buy across the street as a backup in case they sold out.

This time I'm not porting over any numbers so I will probably just go to Best Buy and skip the MIR. I don't trust Best Buy to not screw up porting my gf over from VZW but I trust them enough to sell me a phone in a box. I can go home and swap the number online myself.

18. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

This would be the first time I get anything on launch day so I'll preorder mine just to be safe...which will also let me sleep in a little :D

19. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Yeah same here. I usually get phones well after launch date. This time it will be different. I have never been so eager for a phone as much as the EVO. I'm going to be there bright and early drinking my coffee...or should I say ice coffee. :cool:

20. Autosuggestion

All I can say is Pre-Order.

21. skinnyguy

skinnyguy Well-Known Member

i will pre-order and/or head to the sprint store first thing in the morning.

22. ashultz06082

ashultz06082 New Member

Pre Ordering, and on Release Day, I am making my wife drive me to the store to pick it up so that I can play with it in the car with out killing someone driving home

tp2386 and PLand15 like this.
  23. ajac09

ajac09 Banned

24. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

I'll pre-order if anywhere does pre-orders (with the palm pre, there were no pre-orders) but I don't expect them to completely sell out everywhere due to demand, possibly if supplies are low, they might be harder to get in some places the first couple weeks.

Anyway, that is my take.

25. hopalee

hopalee Well-Known Member

It might be silly, but I will be in line bright and early on release day UNLESS I am able to pre-order it. I was first in line at Sprint for my Pre last year and the store did sell out on the first day. I will be one unhappy person if I don't get this phone the day it comes out because I am wicked stoked about it. I think a lot of people (like myself)feel this way: I'd rather wait in line (even if I don't need to) to get the phone than not wait in line and end up not getting the phone because it has sold out.