Available Space Wrong (And now I can't root!)

Last Updated:

1. cruud

cruud Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi!

I've been trying to use Sholes SM Updater 8 but keep running into the same issue. It requires 250MB of free space.

No problem! I thought.. I've deleted a few gigs of media from the card, deleted other stuff. Still have the files on the computer incase I deleted something important. I've restarted multiple times, deleted tons of things, pulled the SD card. I'm stuck with the same 161MB available as when I started.

I did this all just yesterday! When to stock today and ready to go back today I run into this! Many thanks for your help!

CRuud

Advertisement
  2. cruud

Resolved. Deleted lots of files. That didn't help. Send me a PM if you run into a similar issue.

3. JoeMustang

JoeMustang Well-Known Member

Drag the Files to your recycle bin on your computer, do not simply press delete off the SD card. It may be too late now. I heard this from my computer teacher. She said, the files only disappear but are still on the SD card taking up space. not sure if she is smoking something but it may be worth trying?

4. cruud

I "deleted" the files of SD but in the programs they were for they just appeared corrupt. Had to remove them from within the 3rd party application.