Last Updated:

1. RJA

RJA Active Member This Topic's Starter

I switched the movie file from my sd card to internal storage and now it wont play? Has this happened to anyone else?

Advertisement
  2. mavictb

mavictb Well-Known Member

Its write protected... it will only play off of your sd card.

3. LoweredStandards

LoweredStandards Well-Known Member

From what I have heard, if you touch the file at all it locks itself.

It's a copyright thing. Just like if you take the SD card out and put it in your computer, the movie will no longer play either. The 2GB card put in the phone from the factory was more or less just for the Avatar movie. But you can't play it or use it anywhere else. You can take the factory card out with the movie on it and replace it again and watch the movie so long as you never tried to put the SD card into a computer or other device. My guess is that by moving the file, you have locked it and you can longer watch the movie unless you take it back to T-mobile, maybe they can do something about it?

4. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

No it should still play, but if you are using the icon to try and play it, thats probably the reason it is not working. Forget the icon.

Just go to your video player, and play the movie that way. It should work.

5. mavictb

mavictb Well-Known Member

all he has to do is move it back to the sd card and it should be fine... some people have even moved the file to a larger sd card with success.