Average 3G speeds

Last Updated: 2012-07-21 21:11:56
  1. glock29guy

glock29guy Member

I'm located in Mid-Missouri and I'm running a LG Optimus V. I never realized my data speeds were so slow until I played around with a friends Verizon phone. I'm seriously considering going with T-Mobile for faster data speeds.

I know that I'm not located in a huge city, but I honestly expected 3G here to be a little better than this.

My speed tests were done back-to-back, just a couple of minutes ago.

What speeds are you guys getting?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

Mine's a bit slow right now.

Attached Files:

3. thebryceee

On the other hand....

Attached Files:

4. glock29guy

glock29guy Member

I just upgraded my phone from firmware V5 to V9 and I think it made a pretty big difference.

[​IMG]
  5. lifeblows10

lifeblows10 Well-Known Member

Hmm. Me thinks network vision has more than doubled my speeds.. BTW this is right next to the tower. I get 1Mbps at my house

Attached Files:

6. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

It's good to hear Network Vision is helping. I know my 3G speeds were terrible a couple of weeks ago, and even WiMax wasn't a lot better than your 3G speed test today.
  7. thebryceee

Right on. Although NV probably won't hit vegas til the end of time -_-
  8. jaredwww

jaredwww Active Member

Try this has 3g tweaks via build.prop.
    Just copy command lines and paste at very end of build prop. Reboot to recovery wipe cache, dalvich, reboot phone( it'll rake a couple minutes longer to reboot)
    http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/495620-build-prop-performance-tweaks-updated-04-14-2012-a.html

I also live in Missouri, but in saint Louis so my speed are OK, but it never hurts to be faster