• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Avid email help?

blackcat22

Lurker
Dec 30, 2012
I got an Avid for Christmas and so far it seems to be a pretty good phone. However, i'm having problems with Yahoo email. I delete the mail from my phone, but it is there when I check on the computer. I've messed with every setting that I could find,but haven't been able to figure it out. I've asked Metro employees, but they don't know either.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know what I should do? It doesn't sound like a big deal, but it's driving me crazy...:thinking:

It's not want you want to hear but I'd bet money it's with Yahoo's mobile interface not the Avid.

Yahoo mail is The Most Claptrapped Out, POS, Cluster-you-know-what mail system out there. And, I have a 10 year old HOTMAIL account so *I* can say that. ;)

Yahoo mail makes Hotmail look like Gmail... :rolleyes:
(If it makes you feel ANY better, neither one of my parents want to hear the same things from me about THEIR Yahoo mail accounts either. And PS; I actually HAVE a inactive, deader than Methuselah's Daddy Yahoo mail account.)

Good luck. I haven't in the week or two it's been out, heard from a Single Member here, even the Metro employees, who've actually handled an activated and working Avid. You are The First member here I've read from that actually HAS an activated Avid.

Any meaningful 411 on a working operable Avid does not exist yet.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
I hear ya. I've had this Yahoo email for over 10 years and just can't seem to get rid of it..

I'm the only one you've heard from with an activated one? I feel so special lol. There isn't even a user manual in the box. It's pretty much just a "good luck and figure it out on your own" thing. Took me 3 days just to figure out how to delete a contact from the address book

I like the phone, but there are a couple of things that drive me crazy..

1) This whole email problem
2) The text message and ringer volume are the SAME button. I had my ringer up loud and a text message came through..scared me and I actually felt like the people 2 doors down from me could have heard it

The sound on it is amazing. My boyfriend has a Connect and my phone was so much louder than his when we watched a movie

Upvote 0
If you want a Gmail invite (if you still need those) send me a PM with an email and I'll send you one.

I've had no real issues with Hotmail or Gmail on a phone but I'd actually say Gmail is clunkier on a phone than Hotmail.

(IMO, on a real pooder at least, Gmail is the Grand High Pubah of stand alone mail clients. Nothing else is even in the same galaxy.)

You know, they once stopped using wood spokes on car wheels because there were newer better ideas... ;)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
I'm also having email problems. Using the stock app, since I can't get any others (free) to work with my company's Exchange 2010 server, and get my Gmail.
Two problems:
1. It doesn't delete the messages off the server on either account, nor does it have any settings that allow you to control that.
2. I am not getting meeting and appointment notices. I missed meetings because it fails to notify me.

If anyone could suggest a better email app, or even a workaround, I'd be happy to hear. I've tried K 9 and a host of others, and can't get any that will work with our Exchange server correctly. It may be the Barracuda firewall too, but I need an email app that will except "all certificates" to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones