• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

avoid $10 charge, says Sprint rep?

Bic101

Apr 25, 2010
What does the last sentence mean in this response I received from Sprint?

" the $10.00 Premium Data fee is for the rich data experience
that EVO provides. These data-rich features are available to EVO
customers regardless if they are in a 3G or 4G network. Plus faster data
speeds if you live in or travel to one of the available 4G markets.
However, the $10.00 Premium Data is an options feature. So, if you do
not want to get the rich data experience that EVO provides, you can
avoid the $10.00 Premium Data charge."
Sincerely,
Jovan K.
Sprint

I'd take that with a grain of salt. The EVO is a new phone and all the plan details are new. In a perfect world every Sprint rep would provide you with 100% accurate information. Fact is not all Sprint reps aren't on the same page yet, hence why people are getting different information. I would expect to pay the $10 until Sprint makes an announcement or more Sprint reps advise of the same thing.

Upvote 0
well I was told yesterday by two different sprint reps that first it was still an option and the other said that they had not made the final decision/or were going to reconsider the fee. He said to wait until shortly before it launches for the final details. LOL these guys, I think, just make stuff up.

Upvote 0
well I was told yesterday by two different sprint reps that first it was still an option and the other said that they had not made the final decision/or were going to reconsider the fee. He said to wait until shortly before it launches for the final details. LOL these guys, I think, just make stuff up.

I work for a large company in a call center and I can tell you that it takes a long time for information to trickle down. Often there are multiple locations/stores that have to receive the information so they can relay it to the public. I wouldnt say they're making anything up as they go, they're probably be told different things by management and its causing confusion on the floor.

Reactions: tss
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones