• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Avoid payment in Spotify?

gloriousnumber1

Android Expert
Aug 22, 2010
Portland, Oregon
I have Spotify premium (30 day free trial) on my PC. I have the Spotify app on my phone, and the 2 day free trial ended on there a while ago. I think at one point, I considered paying for premium, but then I realized I could download and listen to my playlists on my phone without it.

I already gave them my card info, but I would like to take it off. I don't want to cancel my subscription, just take my info off so they can't charge me, and not let me decide if I want to keep it.

How do I take my card info off Spotify without deleting my account?

I'd get in contact with Spotify about it. If you can't, you might have to cancel and change your credit card, so that they can't charge it.

You can get what's called single use credit cards. Which is a virtual credit card number, that is good for one transaction only, and can't be subsequently charged, like for an ongoing unwanted paid Spotify subscription.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones