Awake Time and Up Time

Last Updated:

1. tazcollins

tazcollins Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No luck on search. What's the difference in Awake Time and Up Time?
    Thanks, TC.

Advertisement
  2. blampars

blampars Well-Known Member

up time: total time your phone has been on without being powered off
    awake time: total time of phone use.

apps that don't let your phone sleep will cause your awake time to rise, which will have a negative impact on your battery.

like the text messaging bug when the hero first came out.

tazcollins likes this.
  3. tazcollins

Thanks. Right now it's showing Up Time as 47:45 and Awake Times as
    8:45 (18%). Is that good? I uninstalled taskiller a week ago, have the htc battery widget installed, and use the bluetooth widget to turn off bluetooth when not in use. TC

4. blampars

blampars Well-Known Member

18% is decent, I hovered anywhere between 13% and 18% when I used to look at it.

It all depends on your usage, really. Along with how long your phone has been up w/o being powered off.

But yeah, I would say yours seems normal IMO. :)

tazcollins likes this.
  5. tazcollins

I really appreciate your help. TC

6. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

It definitely depends on your usage. Mine got to 14% tonight after I was browsing and downloading wallpapers for like a half hour. Guarantee tomorrow morning when I take it off of the charger it will be at 9-11%.

Do you have Spare Parts app? It will show you any potential apps that keep the phone away, and it will also give you other battery information about your phone.

7. hempwallace

hempwallace Well-Known Member

I don't think awake time is a good indicator of battery usage -- at least it's not in my case.

My awake time used to hang in the 10-14% range. About 3 or 4 weeks ago, I installed Good Technologies Exchange Cliient and ever since then, my awake time has been 100%. If there's been any change in battery life, it's been too small to notice.

In a typical day, I still use 65 to 75% of the battery charge between 7:30 am and 5:30 am when I put it on the charger for 2 hours. That's the same performance I was getting back when the awake time was in the low teens.

8. 08crewmax

08crewmax Member

I have one showing for 6 minutes call coremobility.app.vnotes? Any one know what that is?

9. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

People get nervous with this information... (Awake/Uptime) and many over react... begin to use Task Killers, etc., which is no necessary. (See: Task Killer Thread)

I have had 30%+ awake time with no noticeable difference in battery performance than with 12%... But some apps will use loads of battery, like ANY of the IM apps. Basically anything that Polls Data Info. I also had my phone (intentionally) going for over 500 hours of uptime to see any issues and experienced none... that run had about 30%+ awake time and I was averaging 13+ hours of Battery life, heavy WEB use, moderate texting, audio listening and games.

So... Moral is... unless there is some negative performance issues... Awake/Uptime are great to look at, but not worry about.

;)

Happy Trails!
    :cool:

10. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

If I am correct, that is the Visual Voicemail. This is definitely essential if you use that service, and it completley normal to be at the top.

11. 08crewmax

08crewmax Member

Yes I do use the visual voice mail allot! Just wanted to make sure it wasn't something leaking through that I don't need.