Awake TimeSupport

Last Updated:

1. joeyray15

joeyray15 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has been posted but I searched the forums and have not come across a clear cut answer. My awake time matches the time i rebooted the phone no matter how long it sits in standby with no messages or usage from me. How do i stop this from happening?

I have spare parts but I dont know which option to view for awake time because "other usage" with "time since boot" tells me it has only been a few minutes but the phone awake time under settings tells me 25 minutes awake time.

I tried toggling my GPS with a widget a few times and I dont think it has helped.

Advertisement
  2. joeyray15

I dont understand it, i am down to 70% after 3 text messages and my phone has been off the charger for 5.5 hours. Is there any way to stop this (i have stopped all running programs i am not using like weather and contact widgets but i did not use a task killer, i dont even have one of those installed)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

I'm in a similar boat. I noticed the same thing and have been trying to hunt it down for the last 2 days. Basically I've been restarting the phone and letting it sit idle for an hour (only wifi is on) then I check to see if it slept. If not I use Advanced Task Cleaner to see what's running (not as a task killer) and check the permissions of those things which are. Anything which "stops phone from sleeping" is suspect. I've been slowly uninstalling them then repeating the process. My phone is getting mighty bare.

The last thing I removed was Advanced Task Cleaner (wouldn't that be ironic?). Just rebooted and waiting another hour.

If there is a better way to figure out what is keeping the phone awake I'd love to hear it because this is a damn slow process.

4. joeyray15

Yea I have no clue what is doing this. Im surprised more people dont have this problem.

5. Dead Stiff

Dead Stiff Member

No such problem here.

[​IMG]

On system 2.3.320 with Tranquility 3.5

6. joeyray15

How do I see those stats without rooting? I tried spare parts but I dont know how to read it properly I guess.

7. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

What is Tranquility 3.5?

8. Dead Stiff

Dead Stiff Member