Awake timeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. andrewloveskris

andrewloveskris Member This Topic's Starter

Hey I've read up on the battery life sticky and various other threads pertaining to battery life and awake time. But my phone seems to still be around 50-60 percent. I don't use my phone all too much, and neither do I have any programs set to auto do anything except for mail to go and do its thing. But I remembered I do have various Sense widgets... could those be draining my battery? I have the Facebook, Mail, Calender, Sense Clock, Music, Weather, A Calender reminder, and Bookmarks. Please I need help :( I can't afford a better battery. Making 8.25 an hour really suckz :/

On a side note, I know that 8.25 is more than last year, and the year before that, blah blah... ;)

Advertisement
  2. K0CAW

K0CAW Well-Known Member

Have you used Spare Parts to try and track down the culprit? I don't think your awake time should be consistently that high under normal use, unless you're constantly playing with your phone (which I know a number of people here are guilty of). :D

Also, I would check your Facebook app's settings. Sometimes those apps and widgets can be downloading data every few minutes, unless you specify otherwise.

3. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

Your awake time is at 100% when your first turn on your phone. It will gradually go down as you don't use it. So it really depends if your using your phone a lot when you just turned it on.

4. bassplyr

bassplyr Active Member

My awake time is running around 11%-12%. Also, how much free memory is desirable or put another way, at what point does low available memory start to become a problem? My free memory is usually around 110MB.

Thanks,
    Roger

5. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

At around 50-70 mbs the internal task killer will start shutting off anything unused. That's the low memory threshold

6. andrewloveskris

andrewloveskris Member This Topic's Starter

I find it extremely strange because when I leave my phone on, overnight the battery doesn't go down AT ALL!!! I could have my phone on for days at a time! But during the night when I don't touch it I'm assuming it's still at 50-60% awake time because this morning I woke up to my friend texting me and it was STILL at 50-60%, and that could not have been from 1 text. And it wasn't a reminder it was the actual receive beep.