awake timeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. exploder

exploder Member This Topic's Starter

my eris says android system 98% and the only other thing on the new battery thing for 2.1 said cell stand by was at 2% is this normal? also it says 19:xx:xx and then underneath it was 18:xx:xx and my phone slept all last night. any ideas

Advertisement
  2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Try Menu > Settings > Applications > Developement, Uncheck Stay Awake. See if that helps

3. exploder

its uncheched but thanks for the repy

4. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

on the charger?

5. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

i bet if you actually turned it OFF last night it wouldnt report that.
    cause im assuming you were playing with it last night like the rest of us NON STOP!
    so technically it didnt sleep...
    i also noticed, when the phone is at 15%, it gives you the option to look at some REALLY detailed info regarding what was using battery life etc etc etc!
    its really detailed! it even shows that "idle" uses 10% of battery life!
    so even in idle its doing something (more than likely just background email stuff and maybe text).

6. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

My awake time is the exact same as my uptime. Now I've been fiddling with it so even something insanely high wouldnt startle me but I have been able to put it down for a few minutes here and there. At first I just figured it was pulling down on the contact info from google/facebook/flickr etc but thats appears to be done now. Oh well I'll keep an eye on it, phone is way snappier now, I'll hook a car battery to it if I have to ;)

7. exploder

ok my awake time seems to be back to normal.. but just curious my battery stats say idle is 35% is this normal?

8. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

You do anything special or it just leveled off? I've noticed the little circle update thing on mine is still on more than it was, thinking there is alot of fb and flickr info its pulling down.

9. gener1c

gener1c Well-Known Member

I am having the same up/awake time issues as you gruss. 17 hours up and awake. maybe a few minutes difference. And I only really used my phone for a couple e-mails and about 25 minutes of music today.

10. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

If Phone Idle is the highest percentage of use by your phone and you're not using it much, that is a good thing! Remember, these figures are PERCENTAGES. If you aren't using anything, then of course your phone being idle would be the highest percentage of battery use. However, if something else is the highest percentage, there may be something going on.

I think if your Android System is the highest percentage even though you aren't using your phone much, that must mean something is running in the background keeping your phone awake, like the Messager app (explained in the battery thread how to solve this issue). If you made that change, then there might be another app that is checking in a lot.

I may have to figure something out, because "Cell Standby" is my highest percentage of battery usage. I don't think it should be if that means my phone is attempting to find cell coverage or something. Anyone know what exactly the Cell standby means? When I press it, it tells me I have had 0% of the time without a signal.

11. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

How are you guys seeing the awake percentage? I can't find that anymore.

12. Kevkelsar

+ --> Shortcut --> Settings --> Battery Use

13. Ty07allstar

Ty07allstar Well-Known Member

It's not there.

14. Kevkelsar

Sorry, that's how you place a shortcut to the Battery Use on your screen. You can access it by going to:

Settings --> About Phone --> Battery --> Battery use

15. OfTheDamned

That is the same as Settings > About Phone > Battery > Battery Use

It isn't really showing awake time. It is showing what has been using the battery. You will always see something there with a high percentage. I'm showing Android System 100%.

At the same time my Up Time is 3:56:02...05...08....13

My Awake time is 2:32:44.......48......50........55

16. Kevkelsar

Yeah, it doesn't show your awake time, but it does show what is using your battery power the most. Right now I'm at:

Up time: 6:10:50

Awake time: 1:39:50

OTD, you must have something running quite often that is causing your Android System to be your highest percentage of battery use.

17. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Weird, my awake time is going down now, i had installed handcent and disabled the notifies in the stock prog like before, still sat at the same as uptime...installed chomp and now the phone sleeps so go figure....just thought it might help someone.

18. Ty07allstar

Ty07allstar Well-Known Member

You need to divide the Up by the Awake time and move the decimal point to the right one space to get the percentage.

19. OfTheDamned

Just installed the "tester" build that Caddy posted. My percentages are MUCH different now.

Android System = 51%
    Cell Standby = 32%
    Display = 14%
    Phone Idle = 3%

Awake time is @ 12%

20. Kevkelsar

that is better. I don't know how much the Cell Standby really matters because, like many others, I have hardly put my phone down when I have it off the charger to really know what a "normal" day will be like with the battery.

21. OfTheDamned

That is the way I am looking at it. It may be a while before I can see what my battery is really like now.