• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Awesome Android Update 4 Released

Sorry for being "that guy" but I'm lost (or maybe just an idiot). I ran the DoomLord "runme.bat" and all I get it "daemon not started...starting daemon....daemon started successfully" and that is it...nothing reboots (regardless of how long I leave it) nothing else happens. My PC Device Manager recognizes Android Phone with ZTE ABD INTERFACE under the ANDROID PHONE. BusyboxInstaller says "your device is rooted" yet fails to install...RootChecker says my device does not have root access. So I am guessing I am not rooted. UGH. Sorry Again and Thanks for tolerating me.

Make sure you have USB debugging enabled in developer options and unknown sources in security options.

Upvote 0
I just noticed that I've had several voicemails but didn't get an notification. May you please add the voicemail app with your next update?

Thank you.

That's because the app that handles voicemail for this phone has been removed in this rom. I tried to copy my old one to the system folder and change permissions, but it still does not retrieve my voicmails. The app shows up in the app drawer and opens, but does not find my account or show voicemails :(

Upvote 0
That's because the app that handles voicemail for this phone has been removed in this rom. I tried to copy my old one to the system folder and change permissions, but it still does not retrieve my voicmails. The app shows up in the app drawer and opens, but does not find my account or show voicemails :(

I was having the same problem. I thought it was just my lack of knowledge.

Shin, thank you for your hard work. The voicemail notifications would have made your rom perfect. I'm looking forward to see what you have in store for us.

Upvote 0
hey guys, does the cpu still get stuck on full power using this rom or has that issue been fixed? because ive been doing alot of testing and ive come to realize the stock rom only governs the cpu for about an hour, after that its stuck on max. id find out myself but again, crappy internet, every time i try to download it and it actually gets to me without failing theres a newer version out already

Upvote 0
alright kool thanks, i dunno what it is but even if i turn my phone on and leave it it seems to get stuck on full after a while, its really pissing me off. ended up underclocking it to just under 1ghz so it can charge and run tethering without overheating and without using up the battery faster than it can refill it

Upvote 0
why is taking to much ram

Rom runs smooth as butter now and manages memory much better then before. On another note, this device will never see less then 300mb of used ram. Which is a good thing contrary to popular belief. When more ram is used that means apps have been cached speeding up launch and making the rom much smoother. This is the way ICS works, Android doesn't manage ram like a PC free ram is wasted ram as far as android is concerned.

Upvote 0
alright kool thanks, i dunno what it is but even if i turn my phone on and leave it it seems to get stuck on full after a while, its really pissing me off. ended up underclocking it to just under 1ghz so it can charge and run tethering without overheating and without using up the battery faster than it can refill it

Junkie2100,

I'm so new, it's like I'm hanging on to this thread with my fingernails:)

After I rooted with DoomLord, (thanks Yaggermr) battery has dropped abysmally.

Your comment points to overclocking as MAYBE the cause. Does Shinjitsu's Rom and Update, address this, or is your battery overclocking a result (does it seem) of this Rom? I hoped updating to it will only help smooth out and restore battery life. Have Advanced Task Killer, and use it. Screen brightness turned down.

And I caught, that your tethering your Sequent. I'm having only on/off with my Nexus 7 (CyanogenMod rooted). Tried lot's of apps, settled on WiFi Tether, and found a little success after Google.com browser's password page opened, gave me a chance to input that, then I had up to 3 minutes bursts on the Nexus yesterday. Today, can't get the browser(s) to open, before turning off the tether on the phone. Any hint's? Thanks.

Upvote 0
Junkie2100,

I'm so new, it's like I'm hanging on to this thread with my fingernails:)

After I rooted with DoomLord, (thanks Yaggermr) battery has dropped abysmally.

Your comment points to overclocking as MAYBE the cause. Does Shinjitsu's Rom and Update, address this, or is your battery overclocking a result (does it seem) of this Rom? I hoped updating to it will only help smooth out and restore battery life. Have Advanced Task Killer, and use it. Screen brightness turned down.

And I caught, that your tethering your Sequent. I'm having only on/off with my Nexus 7 (CyanogenMod rooted). Tried lot's of apps, settled on WiFi Tether, and found a little success after Google.com browser's password page opened, gave me a chance to input that, then I had up to 3 minutes bursts on the Nexus yesterday. Today, can't get the browser(s) to open, before turning off the tether on the phone. Any hint's? Thanks.

I'm trying to figure out if this post pertains to my rom? If not please move it to a separate thread. Thank you for understanding.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to figure out if this post pertains to my rom? If not please move it to a separate thread. Thank you for understanding.

I can see why you would wonder. My first question is about a possible overclocked cpu, running a battery at full speed. I should have left it there. My apologies.

The rest is wondering which Rom might be causing, (if the rooting is the cause) a battery drain, (cpu running full speed). I want to use your ROM, because from comments you've received, others are glad they used it, and that's the measure for a newbie, (learning as fast as possible).

The tethering, is a side issue, but concernes the Sequent, and Boost, and is proving a beast to get information about.

Sorry.

Upvote 0
I can see why you would wonder. My first question is about a possible overclocked cpu, running a battery at full speed. I should have left it there. My apologies.

The rest is wondering which Rom might be causing, (if the rooting is the cause) a battery drain, (cpu running full speed). I want to use your ROM, because from comments you've received, others are glad they used it, and that's the measure for a newbie, (learning as fast as possible).

The tethering, is a side issue, but concernes the Sequent, and Boost, and is proving a beast to get information about.

Sorry.

Your fine just wanted a clarification, as far as battery drain. I will put it this way i work at Walgreens third shift 10 hours a day 7 days in a row. I play games on break and lunch view the forums and play music all night and i still have plenty of battery when i get off work for my 2 mile walk home :). My rom gets way better battery life then stock. but i minimized the amount of killing the stock memory manager does to the apps and process'.

Upvote 0
Your fine just wanted a clarification, as far as battery drain. I will put it this way i work at Walgreens third shift 10 hours a day 7 days in a row. I play games on break and lunch view the forums and play music all night and i still have plenty of battery when i get off work for my 2 mile walk home :). My rom gets way better battery life then stock. but i minimized the amount of killing the stock memory manager does to the apps and process'.

shinru2004,

That was good to know. I'll be installing your Rom next. Would you have any advice for me, about how I am to do that? I admit, after all I've read, to massive confusion, about the next task, after gaining root.

So many idea's, such as wiping than re-installing OEM, than the "flashing" the new rom, ... am I over-thinking it?

I liked how easy installing DooMLord ended up being, for me. Look, Thanks for squeezing in so much work, for so many others to use, when you work so long, and have so little time of your own.

Upvote 0
Step 7. Advanced -> clear dalvik-cache i dont see this... where do i clear this?

I don't have this either.

(dalvik-cache) should be available after root, shouldn't it?

Wait, ... Got more info, TWRP, (which I'm unable to confirm will work on Warp Sequent), seems to be (what newbie's like me, don't have). It has an enlarged bootloader screen and commands, (I think) any help with this assumption?

http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/103

I have gotten a version for my Nexus 7, another for the ZTE Sequent, (that's not supported though).

Upvote 0
i am having a problem with the goomanager though. not sure why but it wont allow superuser access. it tells me i have a rom update but when i download the update and try to flash it it asks me to grant access and when i do the app crashes... not sure i thats due to your rom or the app...

also cant use debugging mode. it is ticked in settings but when i hook up the usb it shows i am connected by no debuging icon visible

Upvote 0
ok, so many questions... first of all the dalvik cache option is a part of clockworkmod, it has nothing to do with rooting. root all you want, its not gonna change the fact that you need clockworkmod. twrp can easily be built from our working settings, i made instructions on how to do it, i just dont care enough to put any more effort into that
if someone wants to pick up where i left off then thats great but im perfectly satisfied with clockworkmod so its of no interest to me. sorry i gave you what you needed to get the job done so dont complain just because i didnt make anything fancier. and maybe if i get bored enough ill make a twrp distro but i make no promises

as far as the root issues, try downloading supersu, i found that programs tended to run into issues with the regular superuser app not being able to give all permissions necessary. might help, might not, couldnt tell you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones