1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

awesome app for auto brightness modification (save battery)

Last Updated:

1. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i i love auto brightness...but is there an app that will only allow the auto bright to go up to max 50%?

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

I don't think there's a way to 'recalibrate' your brightness to max out at 50%, but you can use apps such as "Toggle Settings" or "Locale" to programmatically set a certain brightness. Would that do?

3. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

The thread title is quite misleading & made it sound like you had found one. That's why I clicked because I'm looking for a similar solution although I think a better idea would be a baseline adjust rather than an overall max cap. So one could adjust based on a single number. Say for instance a setting of 80 would throttle the lighting back 80% across the entire range of auto adjust brightness for a power savings of 20% on the display across the board no matter the auto adjust. It seems to me this would be the easiest way to create an app as well.

4. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Definitely a misleading thread title. I would like something like this. The closest thing I have right now is Locale. I have the brightness set for different levels for different places/times, but that doesn't help with the auto-adjust brightness, and I don't ever want it at 100%.

5. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

regardless of a misleading title... he brings up a great feature request.... i'd add to also be able to set a minimum, like say 10%, instead of all the way to zero...

and perhaps be able to add an overall baseline value.... often times, I find auto brightness dimming things too much...

6. MYandroidUSERNAME

MYandroidUSERNAME Well-Known Member

i use power manager to set a charging profile with brightness all the way up and a battery powered one to keep it down real low at like 20%...

7. blisk

blisk Guest

An app that did this would be awesome. I feel like those options should've been in there to begin with.

8. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

So i was about to start a thread for a request for one of theses apps but i found this thread! I hope someone can make an app like this! i really need this for the summer... the sun kicks the crap out of my droid's screen when it's really low down! Can't see anything! :mad: Anyone know a developer?!?! ;)

9. mojo_droid

mojo_droid New Member

check out the app "display control". it will let you set your own brightness levels for auto brightness. "dimmer lite" is a free app that will also let you set your own brightness levels to toggle between.

10. boowalley

boowalley New Member

Brighteriffic does this with one touch. It's been on the Market for awhile.