Awesome battery life on Day 5

Last Updated:

1. 1977sjr

1977sjr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's Day 5 since I bought my new X. For the last four days, I've had to charge the phone twice during the daytime with moderate use (I'd get 6 to 7 hours or less before hitting 15%). Today seems to be a turning point, and maybe the battery is showing it's true potential after 10 or so charges. I took my phone off the charger at 6am (14 1/2 hours since unplugged) and during the day I've sent a bunch of texts, did some web browsing (on 3G and WiFi), watched a few YouTube vids, used Yahoo and GTalk messengers to chat, browsed the Market, and made a couple brief calls. I'm holding solid at 40% battery life. Granted, this was a work day so I wasn't using the phone much at all between 8am and 5pm, but I've been on it nonstop since about four hours ago after getting home. I was loving everything about the phone except the battery life, but patience seems to pay off. Now I have ZERO complaints :)

Advertisement
  2. butthead007

butthead007 Well-Known Member

Coming from the Eris, this phone has alot better battery life. Really, the Eris has a weak battery (1300 mah) vs the 1540 mah the Droid X has. Also, the built in power management is definitely a plus.

I love the Droid X. I wish Moto put as much effort into interface design as HTC does with Sense. But hey, maybe Moto should buy/merge with HTC. Now that would be cool!

3. lanteau

lanteau Member

I totally agree. I've had pretty poor battery life up until today. I unplugged the phone at 11am and it's now 9pm and my battery is sitting at 60%. I've been texting and browsing quite a bit all day. Seems like the battery has somewhat of a break in period?

4. Shid

Shid Active Member

Mine is the exact same... saw pretty poor life until today. Maybe they snuck an update under the radar early with all these reports of awesome battery life today lol.

5. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Mine has been doable but not awful.....until yesterday. It was amazing yesterday. On it all day long practically and it was still good when I plugged it in last night. Now, today, it's dead. I had to plug it in. I just don't get it :(

6. 1977sjr

1977sjr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just read on Droid Life's twitter account that the OTA update is going to start rolling out at 10:59pm CST time tonight. I'm eager for the changes although they're mostly minor ones.

7. Garrett67

Garrett67 Well-Known Member

I have noticed that if you turn the phone off and back on, you wlll gain about 30% battery life. I've done this twice when I got down to about 40-50% and it started back up with about 70-80% and it went back down at a normal rate.

Not sure if that is due to the meter not syncing correctly or what

8. Shid

Shid Active Member

Yea mine did that earlier... was at 15%, rebooted, came back on at 50%. Hopefully this update fixes that.

9. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

That's been a big conversation piece among a few threads now. We aren't sure which read is the accurate read. My phone just died completely. I plugged it in and let it charge to 15%. I tried turning it on and is suddenly was at 50%....no sense....guess we will find out in a few hours when this update is released

10. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

Mine got really good today for some reason as well. Ive had mine since the 13th though. Haha

Unplugged at 800am EST just rebooted my phone and battery life is still at 50%. :D

11. Garrett67

Garrett67 Well-Known Member

oh ok, I've been out of town for a few days and haven't been here

12. Larryf

Larryf Active Member

Same here with the battery life starting yesterday (Mon, 7/19). Much longer and actually still on the same charge from taking it off the charger around 8pm Sunday night (it's now Tuesday morning, 8:15am and I have a 50% charge showing).

Lots of heavy usage on Monday too, web browsing, setting up VPN at work, adding new WiFi networks and apps. Txting, taking pictures, etc.

Installed the update this morning to 604.

Now, the battery is lasting like I hoped it would.

13. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

my battery life is amazing!
    seriously considering leaving the GPS on all the time. i really want to so i can use Mobile Defense in case my phone is lost or stolen.

14. mmarti16

mmarti16 Well-Known Member

Battery life is a hell of a lot better than my droid's. I went all day, wifi, GPS, textng...etc. Battery was at 30% by 11pm and I had it on since 7:30am. I did experience my battery then showing 50% when I turned it on this morning...