AWESOme, but.....

Last Updated:

1. dnevs79

dnevs79 Member This Topic's Starter

Okay I know this is day one, and I don't want to sound negative, especially since I LUV my phone, but......

Has anyone played with the Samsung Vibrant at t-Mobile. I wasn't that impressed by the device after initial reviews and watching it on the internet, but I just came back from T-mobile comparing the two devices --

The Vibrant is on par with our new beloved phone. I'm not sure how they match up from a technical standpoint (not a processor know-it-all), but it seemed reasonably snappy and the colors were, well, Vibrant to say the least. The UI is sweet, and the device may have found the sweet spot for size (perfect in my hand) and weight (feather-lite, lightest phone I can remember holding almost too light).

From my brief experience I may have to watch for the Fascinate when it comes out. I'm really looking forward to the Verizon version.

Has anyone else had a indepth look at the device?

Until the release....

D-RRRR-O-I-D!!!

Advertisement
  2. HalfFrozen

HalfFrozen Well-Known Member

T-Mobile's are still around!?

+1 on the Fascinate, though.

3. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

Yeah, its a thought in my head always now.:)

4. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

just got mine but...may go to tmobile to check it out :)

5. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I agree 4" is the sweet spot. Imma check it out when it comes to Verizon. I just need to found out about reception and I'm still not sold on Amoled, Super Amoled screens.

These Samsung phones should sell big.

6. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I feel as though the Droid X feels perfect in my hands, I am sure a 4 " screen would be fine too. I don't like the looks of the Fascinate or the Vibrant, I don't want an ugly iphone.

7. benjiedude

benjiedude Well-Known Member

If the Fascinate comes out in the next 30 days and is better then i'll just take the DX back and get that. Simple.

8. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

Day 31...aww shiz:D

9. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

Likewise but I really doubt the Fascinate will be out within the next 30. I'd say mid September at the earliest

10. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

4" might as well be 3.7", not a big enough difference, so the X is a big win for me right there. Also Touchwiz seems more laggy from the vids I've seen. It's smoother but they had to sacrifice UI performance for it which sucks. It's hack friendly and better on games, that's about it. Definitely not enough to convince me to switch.

ckochinsky125 likes this.
  11. dnevs79

dnevs79 Member This Topic's Starter

Touchwiz did look laggy in the videos, but the device I played with was not laggy. Although I thought the device was ugly (read Iphone like) online, the device actually nice looking.

using your .3" reasoning..... 4.3" might as well be 4" then you have the Samunsung Fascinate. Really .3" is a huge difference -- Look at a an Iphone screen versus a Droid Eris .3" is huge. The screen did not look like a compromise to the Droid X.

Not saying I will switch but after using the device for a breif moment I REALLY like it and felt it was a great alternative to having the Incredible.

12. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

So you bought the X and already want to get something else? Ha why even waste your time getting a phone if you are never going to be happy. Damn not even 1 day and you already are wanting something else.

13. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

We're talking about 3.7 to 4.3" vs 3.7 - 4.0". The difference isn't negligible. When I saw a pic of the galaxy S and Inc. side by side, the S didn't stand out like the X did.

14. evans555

evans555 Member

I don't understand people who complain that 4.3" screen size is too big....To me it's PERFECT. I have an Evo, I love it, when I pull that bad boy out of my pocket there are so many ohhh's and ahhh's, watching espn news at work as we speak on sprint TV.... and i'm sure the X is awesome as well, congrats to those that got it today, and do not have to wait. Been reading about the X on this side all day, because up until last week I was gonna get to Verizon early today and get one