awful radio reception

Last Updated:

1. slugger09

slugger09 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Radio was the deal clencher for me with the desire as I listen to the radio at work but they need.not have bothered, its terrible. Radio 1 is the only station that can be half picked up, you can't hear any other stations with hiss, is there a cure?

Advertisement
  2. slugger09

There is indeed a cure, I was using my Sennheiser CX300 headphones reception was dire, the supplied headphones are great, they must have a built in FM antenna where the Sennheisers do not, Only issue is the supplied earphones don't fit in my ear, Any recommendations on in ear phones with built in antenna?

3. stueyboy

stueyboy Well-Known Member

Bugger, I threw my HTC ones away after butchering them by trying to attach better earpieces. Would be good if there were good ones with built in antenna

4. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

The radio uses the headphone wires themselves as the antenna, most of the in ear headphones work fine.
    Even the cheap ones from the pound shops.

5. slugger09

I've tried Sennheisers and iLove and both have the same issue, I can only pick up Radio 1 and its not even listenable, Yet the supplied ones I get everything. There has to be something different about these headphones.

6. anoniemouse

Try turning the jack plug slightly, sometimes you get a better connection in another position

7. slugger09

8. anoniemouse

9. brad-short

brad-short Well-Known Member

I wonder if its down to the type of jack on the headphones. I wonder if the Radio picks up from the 3rd ring on a TRSS jack, thus if you only have a TRS jack reception is poor?? Just a guess, can anyone check?

10. shaileshmonani

shaileshmonani Member

i am also facing some radio related issues ; certain radio stations are pretty scratchy ; but when i switch it off using the top button; the sound improves dramitaclly ; how ever overall i am pretty pissed off with the desire fm radio reception ; nokia is any day better

11. slugger09

Well you will find if you remove the headphones just past the bump when you pull it out reception greatly improves, try it. It will take a few attempts to get it to the right position, which leads me to believe there audio jack is faulty