1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

B Folders vs. Keeper vs. SplashID

Last Updated:

1. serpentine009

serpentine009 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 9, 2010
    Has anyone tried these? Can anyone comment on how they compare against each other?
    It seems like the all in price for each one is 29.99, however, Keeper is only for a 1 year license, while the others seem to be a one time charge.

I found and stared using Keeper first. Is there something it has over the other 2 apps that justifies the yearly renewal?

2. stevenlong

stevenlong Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I have tried all three and ended up with SplashID. Though I was wanting something more but didn't find what I was looking for.
  3. EinZtein

EinZtein Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Using keep pass. Don't like Splash. Use to store all your info when you sync on there servers.
  4. bblackmoor

bblackmoor Member

Oct 17, 2010
    I have tried many password keepers, and I keep coming back to SplashID. With B-Folders, for example, you are restricted to less than a half-dozen "types" of data, and you can't edit them. This means you are left typing everything as a "note", meaning that you need to type labels like "ip address: " and "url: " over and over again. With SplashID, you can make as many data types as you like, with any labels you like.

With B-Folders, if you want to copy the password from the program (to paste into a terminal window or web site, for example)... you can't. and anything other than a password, you have to manually select and copy the text. With SplashID, you just click the little clipboard icon next to the field and boom, it's on the clipboard.

In SplashID, you can sort a whole list of passwords by any of the fields (and you can make those fields anything you like). So you can sort by login name, password, last modified date, whatever. If your password at one web site has been compromised, and you want to see a list of all the sites where you used that password? Sort by the password column and bam, there they are. B-Folders has no way to do anything like this. It doesn't even have a way to view your items as a grid or list.

SplashID is just easier to use and more powerful than B-Folders
  5. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    I'm using SafeWallet which sync's encryptedly to Dropbox and does all that Splash ID does...and also includes a Search feature.

I only use the mobile version (about $5). They have a compatible Desktop version (about $15), but I didn't install that as I'm still using SPB Walllet on my desktop.

I'm holding out for when SPB makes an Android-compatible Wallet so I can auto-sync between my droid and my wallet. Until then, I have to do it manually.