B&N NOOK Color 2 tipped for Nov 7 in Kindle Fire challenge

Last Updated:

1. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Barnes & Noble is tipped to be readying a new NOOK Color model for launch on November 7, with company employees suggesting the retailer is preparing eye-catching

Advertisement
    gsutton likes this.
  2. 2acclaim

2acclaim Well-Known Member

it would make sense to try and derail the Kindle Fire shortly before it's release. Now, how many people are waiting in the wings to decide which new e-reader to buy I really don't know.

However they may sway a few people away with some nice hardware or competitive pricing. I just think many will prefer the full integration of the amazon store with the fire.
  3. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member

You can put me squarely in the "looking" category. But I knew this would be coming out and have been waiting for it. :)
  4. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

+1
  5. 2acclaim

2acclaim Well-Known Member

Interested as well to see what shows up on Monday myself. Even more interested in the fact that if I buy a $300 computer at Best Buy I can get a 32gb Touchpad for $150.

Now that's really tempting since android has/is being ported to that tablet.
  6. colchiro

Currently there are wifi and SOD (sleep of death) issues with the TP, but ICS is in the works, possibly around Jan/Feb of next year. Still it's quite usable and there are fixes to help with the issues at the expense of a little battery life.

You can find the TP on Amazon for about $250 and then there's this deal: TigerDirect.com: HP TouchPads on Friday.
  7. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Reports out now are saying the Nook tablet will be $250 and has some pretty good specs (dual core, 1GB RAM, otherwise same as Nook Color). The Nook color is going to drop to $200.
  8. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Link to Gizmodo article about the Nook Tablet:
    New Nook Specs Leak: Faster, Lighter, Dual-Core Media Monster
    I guess this forum should change to Nook Color/Tablet or maybe the Nook Tablet needs its own forum...
  9. colchiro

We'll see what we can do.

:D
  10. bloodylipp

bloodylipp Well-Known Member

my son wants a nook for xmas, looks like he's getting my old one and im getting the new one. assuming its just as easy to root. :)