• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] B10 Based Rom

install voltage control, set it how you want it, save to init.d startup script, that will generate a script in init.d (can't recall exactly but it will be something like 99voltage)

to include that in your ROM, just add the proper permissions in the install updater script for the init.d folder and script (you can look at any of the other roms that have overclock for those lines)

Saving as init.d script fails ?

Upvote 0
Here are a few suggestions for your next update.
Back off kernel to smartassV2/sio
Get rid of you-tube app
install a file explorer, very important
install a better sms/mms app.
install a free OC app, to regulate the kernel.
install a better picture app, like quick pic.
power button menu re-integrated
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
all of the above.... good rom. Had to reboot several times for some apps to take.

Upvote 0
Nice Rom. But i did have some trouble. Lost data and cdma, was getting mip error code 67. I thought i had to re program the phone and that didn't work. So i had to install new Rom

That is definitely odd I have not ran into that problem at all sorry you had issues,,,, did you wipe everything and clear the caches after the install?

Upvote 0
I can confirm flashlight and GPS work fine without any modification

Flashlight doesn't work, trying to fix permissions.that didn't work. GPS Not working either

Edit: If you still have problems with flashlight after reflashing rom, download Root Dim from market. After installed open click on other lights, then flashlight, then system default. close app. Download Tiny Flashlight +LED from market, use this to turn on/off

Upvote 0
Can someone post screenshots? LilBit??

Sorry!!:eek: I only used it for a few days, till NoobVIII.II came out.:p

I Liked the rom though, clean, crisp, nice look to it.;) I will look on my sd card and see if I may have one or two but I dont think so,:(

Edit: No, sorry guy's I didn't snap any. But I did like it, and it does look good!!

Reactions: spencer320
Upvote 0
hey just out of curiosity I gotta hunch that wifi hotspot was fixed on the b10... anyone running this rom try this and tell me if i'm right... long-press on the home screen and select shortcuts->activities->settings->settings(com.android.settings.TetherSettings)... once the shortcut is created try to use portable Wi-Fi hotspot and see if it turns on or if it gives you a error message...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones