baba booey??

Last Updated:

1. goon55

goon55 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 10, 2009
    I have a sirius account... and the PAID app. but no stern on my phone. I used to use tunewiki, which had been hit or miss as of late. I was hoping with 2.2 and the use of flash that I would be able to launch their player from their native website. no luck. I can get logged in, I can launch the player, I can select the channel, but it just does play.

I know this is a moot point as I am almost certain that stern will be gone in a few months, but does anyone have any suggestions on how to listen to stern (from my D2) until then?

2. Joe_Evaristo

Joe_Evaristo Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Maybe Sirius has blocked the player from mobile browsers? According to here: SIRIUS XM Android App now broadcasting sans Howard Stern | andrew | Androinica the app specifically excludes Stern, so maybe Sirius disabled it for mobile browsers as well?

You might want to try some of the tips in this thread: Stock Browser - Verizon Wireless Community to confirm that.

I listen to Stern at work--my boss subscribes to Sirius for Stern. Love the show. Personally, I doubt Stern will be gone in a few months: his posturing is too transparent. He's clearly trying to snag a better deal on contract by making it look like they could lose him. It's a negotiation tactic.