Back and search buttons don't workSupport

Last Updated:

1. gt33

gt33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My back and search buttons sometimes randomly decide not to work. The only way to get them to respond when they act up is to press the home key. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm on my third epic, and I really don't want to exchange for another one, because I've already applied a phantom skinz

Advertisement
  2. icemanjs4

icemanjs4 Well-Known Member

Sometimes I have to hit my Home button 5 or 6 times to get it to work - but then it works fine after that. It's also very intermittent.

I also get a problem hitting the big red End Call button at the end of a call sometimes. It's like it just won't register the hit - despite the button being so huge. I don't get it.

3. gt33

bump, I flashed the stock rom and the problem still persists, If this is a hardware problem I'll probably exchange again

4. Drea

Drea Member

I had to return my phone twice because of that problem. The back buttons were so unresponsive! The one I have now (#3) works lovely...

...but now the sound for text/swype isn't working. WTF?! So many stupid little problems with this phone..

5. gt33

The phone I exchanged still has the same issue with the back and search, leading me to believe it's purely a software issue

6. Drea

Drea Member

It's the luck of the draw..

7. planetj

planetj Member

I have the problem, but only with the search button.
    I'm on an O2x on stock (rooted) ROM, before that i had a Desire with different ROMs, both FroYo and Gingerbread... Same problem no matter what.
    Search button sometimes doesn't work, home button fixes the problem 'till next time.
    Hope someone can come up with a fix.