Back button and open applicationsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was under the impression that the "back button" closes applications.

Apparently this is not true. I always use the "bb" however, I've checked and found that many apps were still open.

For instance: I open messages. Don't actually create one. Press "bb". Check apps and find that it is still running. So what is happening is that after a while there are a bunch of apps still running in the background.

Is there a way to force close? What is the proper way to close an application then?

Advertisement
  2. Scynthetic78

Scynthetic78 Well-Known Member

What are you using to check which apps are running? A long click on the home key brings up recent apps, but it doesn't necessarily mean they're running.

3. cmack

cmack Well-Known Member

Try an experiment and you will no longer question yourself:

First, make sure you have Astro file manager on your phone. Then the first time, open your web browser and browse around and hit the home key. Go into Astro -> Processes and see what the CPU is (who cares about the memory, the CPU is what will slow the phone down). When I did this, my browser was using 56% of the CPU.

Now go back to the browser, browse around and hit the back button to get out (or open a new window, close the window you were using and then back out). Now open Astro and see what your CPU is at. Mine is at 0% when I do that.

Hope this helps.