'Back' Button Ghost?Support

Last Updated:

1. Jsick

Jsick New Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 22, 2010

My Vibrant is about a month old and I have been having this problem occur off and on since I have owned it. Basically, the "Back" button goes off on its own. It is REALLY annoying when it acts up. If I am surfing the web, it will just randomly go Back to the previous page. If I am using GPS or any other App, it constantly exits the program. It is only the Back button the is causing problems. The Menu button or any other button has never done this to me - just the Back.

I have tried powering down the phone and pulling the battery to make it stop, but when I reboot, the problem persists. Then, just like how it started, the problem will just randomly go away on its own and it won't happen for another few days usually.

I am 100% certain it is not me accidentally hitting the button. I have a car mount and the problem happens even when I am not holding the phone. I have also tried to clean the screen when the problem is happening in case there is something on the screen causing the problem, but it never works.

Any clues to what the problem could be? Hardware or software issue? Tried searching around for someone else with this problem and found nothing. Thanks.

2. richard framer

richard framer New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Have this same problem right now, im going to take it back but i cant get it to do it right now.i wish i knew what this was anyone else know. it seems to be when i touch the back or side in wrong spot