• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Back button no longer works

Could someone here tell me. After fixing dead phone eventually. The back button wont work. Any suggestions. Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Thankyou.
Hello there and welcome!
Well, in order for us to help you more, we need to know a little bit more about the device.
What is your model number and carrier? Are you rooted? If so, what rom and recovery do you have? What was wrong with it before you fixed it? Was the back button working before? What did you do to fix it? Does everything else work now except for the back button? What have you tried so far to fix the button issue?

I know, alot of questions right? ;) But the more we know, the better :)

Upvote 0
Hello there and welcome!
Well, in order for us to help you more, we need to know a little bit more about the device.
What is your model number and carrier? Are you rooted? If so, what rom and recovery do you have? What was wrong with it before you fixed it? Was the back button working before? What did you do to fix it? Does everything else work now except for the back button? What have you tried so far to fix the button issue?

I know, alot of questions right? ;) But the more we know, the better :)
The device is GT-N7105T....Android version 4.4.2. I am with Telstra Australia. The device is not rooted. Everthing works except the back button. It had a new screen 3 months before I had a problem (Dropped phone broke screen). I was using as normal one night and went to turn it off. It would not turn off. So I left it over night. Next day tried to reboot it. Lots of times. Next thing I got a screen with lines on it. Like a tv screen goes when it is playing up.. Took it to Samsung. They said can't retrieve data you cooked the motherboard. ?? Bought a new phone!! Let the guy in our town that renewed the screen have a look. He took the screen off and couldn't get data. Said it was unfixable. Come home a let the phone sit for a week with the battery out of it and the back off. Then I thought I would try and recharge as it would recharge before. Plugged it in and wow it started. Transferred data to new phone by Bluetooth and wifi transfer. The only thing wrong with it is the back button wont work. . I love the camera on the note2 and would love to keep using it. No back button makes it difficult. I have a Samsung note 4 now and can't get the macro as good as the note 2. Long story.. let me know if you need more information. .many thanks. Ps if you know how to get note 4 to take macro shots I would love to know. Cheers and Thankyou. .molly

Upvote 0
The device is GT-N7105T....Android version 4.4.2. I am with Telstra Australia. The device is not rooted. Everthing works except the back button. It had a new screen 3 months before I had a problem (Dropped phone broke screen). I was using as normal one night and went to turn it off. It would not turn off. So I left it over night. Next day tried to reboot it. Lots of times. Next thing I got a screen with lines on it. Like a tv screen goes when it is playing up.. Took it to Samsung. They said can't retrieve data you cooked the motherboard. ?? Bought a new phone!! Let the guy in our town that renewed the screen have a look. He took the screen off and couldn't get data. Said it was unfixable. Come home a let the phone sit for a week with the battery out of it and the back off. Then I thought I would try and recharge as it would recharge before. Plugged it in and wow it started. Transferred data to new phone by Bluetooth and wifi transfer. The only thing wrong with it is the back button wont work. . I love the camera on the note2 and would love to keep using it. No back button makes it difficult. I have a Samsung note 4 now and can't get the macro as good as the note 2. Long story.. let me know if you need more information. .many thanks. Ps if you know how to get note 4 to take macro shots I would love to know. Cheers and Thankyou. .molly

I have asked our kind, friendly, helpful Mods to move your post to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 forum as you should be able to receive more help there for your particular model of phone, GT-N7105T.

Upvote 0
Thankyou. How do i find that?
Holy crap, sorry I missed this :(
You are in the correct forum as @Slug moved it for you.

Seems to me like there is an issue starting with the screen itself (the replacement screen).
I know you said you like the camera and want to continue using it, but is it really worth it now as you may need another screen? (not sure but that's what it is sounding like).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones