Back Camera and Flash Not WorkingSupport

Last Updated:

1. rozato

rozato New Member

Hi guys, this is my first post in here,

My Galaxy S3 has a problem with its back camera and flash. Back camera doesn't work and it says unknown error, also the camera flash doesn't work, i try it with 3rd party applications such as torch and exc. so it doesn't work too.

But the front camera works well.

I tried a factory reset and exc. and it hasn't worked too.

Also i've rooted the phone and tested another camera applications also they have the same error. I'm using the 4.1.2 stable rom, and haven't done anything with that.

I'm not sure if its hardware related or software related issue and i need your help.

Is there a way that i can find the solution is related with hardware or software issue, and i can handle with that by my own ?

Thank you

Advertisement
  2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

The best way to check if its hardware/software would maybe to factory reset the phone if you havent already mate :thumbup:
    EDIT sorry i just re-read :) sounds like hardware man. Has it got wet?
  3. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

By any chance was your phone dropped?
    funkylogik likes this.
  4. rozato

rozato New Member

nope, it hasn't got wet, but i have dropped it and damaged the front cover a bit. that could be the reason than what should i do?
  5. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Well-Known Member

If you have insurance on the phone then you can put a claim in. Otherwise you will be faced with a repair bill.
  6. rozato

rozato New Member

is the flash part attached to back camera or something ? because i have searched on ebay and all the flashes are different, is there a part for it or if you can give me a link for that ?
  7. supernoob12

supernoob12 Active Member

Nope the led flash in built in the logic board I have the same problem the flash and camera are not working you can replace the led in theory but you need to be an expert in soldering if possible by hand which i doubt camera just clips on the logic board so you can repair that if you want