Back casing fittingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ison_machine

ison_machine Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi! I just got my x10 mini pro for 2 weeks already...
    Then suddenly I just observed, the back cover casing (Black) seems to be squeaking when I am using the keyboard. It seems to be a fitting problem. In my observation, It is a bit loose... Does anyone have this kind of problem? Should I complain this to SE? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. vijayrajah

vijayrajah Member

I got mine about 2 weeks ago. I have the same problem....

3. cfc

cfc Well-Known Member

yeah mine also creeks not a big deal though

4. ison_machine

It can be annoying at some point. especially when you are typing. either multi tap or HW keyboard.

Maybe I'm just being meticulous when it comes to details. Maybe I previously worked as a quality engineer. squeaking noise are considered reject as well as gaps on fittings. There maybe mechanical non-conformity or tolerance issues. I guess I'll make a feedback on SE service center...

5. murkey

murkey Member

I also got the same issue. I already raised this with service centre and SE customer care. But the same old reply "no warranty for plastic parts". So no replacement. SE sucks...Rememberig the old saying "One Expert fisherman Created an awsome boat, but forgot to put a nail on the bottom portion!!!". This back cover is creating noise while pressing buttons.

Hope SE will find a solution to satisfy the customer base...atleast a free replacement for the back cover.

Thanks

6. cfc

cfc Well-Known Member

not going to happen, not a big enough problem for them to take action

7. ison_machine

well i guess we got to live with it... maybe it is still within their tolerable limits. we can just hope a new set of casing will be out on SE market that will perfectly fit (specially if you want to play around with the colors) the x10 mini pro. I haven't check it yet with SE service center. I am not sure if they accept it as a valid complaint.

8. RBrown89

RBrown89 New Member

Have had this phone for only 1 week and have the same problem...

9. atulkakrana

atulkakrana New Member

I purchased mine 2 days back and having same problem, The showroom from where I purchased denied any replacement and asked me to visit SE service center, I will pay them a visit tmrw and see what happens.

They are going to loose a very loyal customer and proponent because of bad build quality and poor after sales....I will post it all over the net with a you tube video.. I urge you all to do so.

Atul kakrana

10. Corey.

Corey. Member

Mine does a squeaky noise
    especially pushing the camera you can hear it creak, must just be how the phone was designed you'd think it can't be a suvere flaw that will effect the running of the phone.

11. atulkakrana

atulkakrana New Member

I surrendered my X10 mini pro purchased on 24th Dev, 2010 to SE service due to this problem. Luckily I am able to prove my point and was provided a DOA.

I used the DOA to get another SE X10 mini frm the showroom. BUT BUT BUT after 2 days of use it has the same old problem the back panel squeaks...

I am duped by SE...They lost a loyal customer

12. ison_machine

I have learned to live with it. and it seems it doesn't squeak as before. maybe after my 7 months of usage, squeaking sound is reduced... hope SE can offer back covers accessories so you can change color according to your mood.

:D

13. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Not that it will be any consolation but the X8 back covers squeak too. One chap over there reckons a judiciously placed piece of paper under the cover prevents the squeak. As for me, I just have learnt to ignore it.