Back cover loose on bottom right corner....General

Last Updated:

1. tonyb81

tonyb81 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On the bottom right corner of my eris on the back cover is loose. Loose enough to hear it and see it, whenever i hold it on that corner you can feel it is flimsy.Anyone think this is a good reason to return it, and get a replacement?

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

you can probably get a new back cover from the store...yes

3. tonyb81

Well, i went to verizon store and they sent me a replacement case, still have same problem....should i give up?

4. entelechy3

entelechy3 Well-Known Member

Wow... I had this exact problem. I mean, exactly: every time I'd press the "end" button, I'd hear a little click. Drove me nuts. I kind of jury-rigged the solution, but it works perfectly:

Take off the battery cover, and look for where the cover locks into place on the phone, where it clicks (I'm sure you've looked at this area enough times by now). Place a tiny (I used like .5 cm-square size) piece of tape on the phone, directly over the little area that isn't locking properly. (I attached a pic of what mine looks like with the battery cover off.) Just make sure, obviously, that the tape isn't covering any of the phone that won't be covered by the battery door.

I used basic masking/painter's tape, but if yours is really loose, you could use maybe a tiny piece of electrical tape? Don't know, but the whole point is just basically to "shim" that edge out, so the cover has a little more pressure on it (as it should) to keep it from moving.

Not the most glamorous solution, but you can't see it with the battery cover on, and like I said, I haven't heard a peep out of it since I did this.

[​IMG]

5. tonyb81

Wow dude that is crazy, that is the exact same place where mine has the problem, and like you said everytime I press the end button it does it really bad. I'll give the tape part a shot, thanks for the tip.