• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Back-end service

Benzel

Lurker
Sep 25, 2015
Hello. I'm looking to take my android application to the next level by integrating login functionality.
So basically I need something similar to what Instagram uses. I want my users to be able to create an account and store images, settings etc on their account, so no matter where/on which phone as long as they have logged in to their account, their saved settings etc is there.

What services are there for this? Preferably cheap if not free if that's possible. I looked at Parse, but Im not convinced it's what I'm looking for. Could I maybe buy a server and have at home? I don't know. Please give me some good tips/recommendation!

Regards,
B.

It's the age old conundrum. You could lease space in the cloud and be dependent on those administrators to provide, configure and maintain services for you, which would be initially the cheaper and easier option. Or, you can have complete control and host your own server, but you'll need to maintain it and do everything possible to provide uninterrupted services to your customers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones