• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Back Falling Off

I have no clue if it's still available, but a while back you could get up to 3 backs for free, and I ordered mine up right away. The new one held on a lot better and I only replaced one because I got some super glue prints on it. So like I said, I'm not sure if it's still around, but maybe search to see if you can maybe snag up a new one.

Also, you could try to bend the metal gap (with a flathead screwdriver or something similar) where the battery cover indentation sits. I did this before I got my replacement backs and it seemed to work for a while, but needed to be re-bent every so often.

Upvote 0
Take a square of electrical tape about the size of a postage stamp, and put it on the white pad on the inside of the back cover. This will increase the pressure on the hooks holding the back on. Since I did this, I've never had the back fall off again. But it's still easy enough to open if I need to get at the battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones