• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Back in my day...

If I squint really hard, I get a headache, which is why i don't squint really hard. ;)

The first professional position I held (staff artist in an ad agency ... yeah, like Mad Men ;) ) the first fifteen minutes of everyone's morning consisted of a cup of coffee and a cigarette. When there was a sufficient haze in the air, we got down to business. Most of us also had a bottle of something a little stronger than Dr. Pepper in a desk drawer or on a shelf.

Reactions: Kaat72
Upvote 0
If I squint really hard, I get a headache, which is why i don't squint really hard. ;)

The first professional position I held (staff artist in an ad agency ... yeah, like Mad Men ;) ) the first fifteen minutes of everyone's morning consisted of a cup of coffee and a cigarette. When there was a sufficient haze in the air, we got down to business. Most of us also had a bottle of something a little stronger than Dr. Pepper in a desk drawer or on a shelf.

In my first professional position (handling accounts in an ad agency... yeah, like Mad Men ;) ) there were two ashtrays on my desk, on on the left and one on the right of me. And we had a diverse stack of tobacco hard ware in a closet, for emergency/late over time. I developed my appreciation for wines there too.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
Best I got is battling pokemon on a cable, getting that little light for the Gameboy advance that plugged into the charger port, and finally getting the sp that has that amazing backlight display.

And we actually kind of played outside since our Internet connection in late 90s to early 2000s (1998-2004) was pretty slow. It's kinda sad when I drive through neighborhoods and it says slow children at play. More like slow children texting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones