Back & menu keys not working on Galaxy SSupport

Last Updated: 2012-08-10 11:17:20
  1. depirate

depirate New Member

Hi all,new here and thought i might get some help from you guys.

I have had a Galaxy S for about 6weeks and it has been working great, but this morning on waking i noted the phone was very very hot and was off (i had charged it fully before going to sleep). Phone was under the pillow overnight as usual.

Phone came on when i plugged the charger in - battery was empty, but then the back and menu keys no longer work, and the home key works variably.

Touch screen works perfectly well but not having a back key especially means i have to keep going to the task manager to close open applications. Also since the home key if temperamental it isn't always so easy.

Phone had been working very well and i use it relatively lightly, the only thing i did last night prior to sleep was play Angry birds for maybe 2 - 3hours, but then made sure phone was fully charged afterwards and disconnected charger

Phone get a bit hot when connected to computer and when charging (more so with car charger) but nothing excessive, but felt like it could burn the hand this morning

Phone still working essentially normally except for the aforementioned back/menu keys and 'sort of working' home key. Temperature is normal.

No issue of moisture being the problem (a bit of drizzle yesterday but not directly exposed and in the drizzle for only a few seconds - just as long as it took to get into the car)

Anyone that has any ideas what the problem may be will be of great help to me

Thanks
    Christopher

Advertisement
  2. GG1

GG1 Well-Known Member

Hopefully it's just a software glitch or one of your apps misbehaving so I would start with just rebooting my phone (holding power button for about 8 sec) or pulling out the battery for a bit and see if my issues are resolved. If not I would then perform a factory reset using the recovery/3 button combo (backup first). Maybe someone else has a better idea but this is probably what I would try as I believe (hopefully) your issue is software related if not then you may need to replace your phone.
  3. trigers002

trigers002 New Member

hi..i have the same problem to your phone. and now my phone is totally working, i only replace the digitizer, it cost 15$.