Back ordered ... my A$$General

Last Updated:

1. randomdroid

randomdroid Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm away from home for work for the next ten days and noticed the 'new' ship date for the Inc as 5/14. I think to myself, perfect timing, it'll be there just when I'm due back home. So I ordered it on Sunday night assuming it would show up on or around the 14th. Basically when I get home. Well I guess that "Will be shipped by 5/14" really means we'll ship it to you asap because it was delivered to my house today!:eek: So I guess they aren't on back order. And can still be delivered basically overnight.

So now I have to wait until I get back to actually play with it.:mad: I'm psyched but don't know if I can now hold out for the next ten days using my beat up BB 8330 with the Inc just sitting there in the fedex box on my desk. This wait might be as painful as waiting for the release date.

Time to buy some accessories, so they will also be home when I get there.

Excited to jump on the android bandwagon.

Advertisement
  2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Arrgghh painful wait it might be but oh what anticipation! Congrats hope you enjoy it as much as I do :D

3. Scincidae

Scincidae Active Member

It says BY 5/14, not on/after 5/14. It's just for hype pretty much but they still didn't lie.

4. randomdroid

randomdroid Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I took a closer look and noticed the 'by' not 'on/after' when the shipping notice went out to me. Just sort of threw me for a loop and now I'm more anxious to get back home.

5. 5thElement

5thElement Banned

Ha ha ten days of suffering knowing your incredible is there just waiting for you. Too funny.

6. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

I feel for you man. But the wait will be worth it for sure.

7. JuniorNA

JuniorNA Well-Known Member

Yes I agree, I don't think id be able to wait that long. Just have someone there grab the box and FedEx it to yourself. What's even better is if its at ur office, u can charge the FedEx delivery to ur work account :) :)

8. sanscritt

sanscritt Member

Exact same thing happened to me (except I was home to get mine). I called csr and he told me that he was showing it not available to ship until 5/12 (with website saying by 5/14). On website the HTC Touch Pro was showing backorder where the Inc was showing by 5/14.
    Not complaining, love this phone!!!

9. czm2000

czm2000 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good problem to have :D

10. mozetti

mozetti Well-Known Member

Stock levels aren't going to be the same at every warehouse they have throughout the country. For some, they'll be receiving them on 5/14. You on the other hand got lucky and got it early.

11. Bulldog

Bulldog Well-Known Member

I got my NE2 bumped up because I was close, and ordered online just now with the expected wait until up to 5/14. I added the FREEOVERNT code and the page accepted it, but would not change shipping from 2-day. Oh well, at least I'm getting a new phone before June so I can't complain. BTW - this was my 5th attempt at contact to bump up my NE2 date, so those who gave the advice to keep trying were right. I had actually given up but called again last night after being taunted by another "Droooooiid!" commercial, LOL. We'll see when the phone shows up, it's anyone's guess.

12. Bulldog

Bulldog Well-Known Member

ordered today 5/5 at 6:30am with the info it would ship on or before 5/14.

phone shipped today 5/5 at 11:30am - got shipping verification email at lunch.

that's the extreme way to set expectations low and exceed them. problem is i'm out of town for a long week and the free overnight shipping did not go through so the phone will be sitting at my office all weekend. boo hoo. my sunday night is blocked off to geek out! :)

13. DunMiffSys

DunMiffSys New Member

ordered 5/3 at 11:30am with estimated ship date by 5/14. Just received shipment confirmation and tracking. Should be here by 3pm tomorrow (Thursday).

14. lmbgm

lmbgm Well-Known Member

Ordered 5/1 (night), It got canceled on 5/4. Called them up to correct their error. Called again today to correct their error again. Just got my "order completed" message. Waiting for shipping confirmation. I only have 2-day so I guess I prob wont have it by the weekend.

15. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

It should be pointed out that it doesn't say it's sold out UNTIL may 14, it says if you order now you will receive it BEFORE may 14. Last I checked, May 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 and 13 are all BEFORE may 14:)

16. GlockGuy80

GlockGuy80 Well-Known Member

Same here except I ordered at 3:30 PM. This one is for my wife because I got mine on release day.

BTW, Verizon was nice enough to bump up my wife upgrade date by 3 months so she could get this phone. Verizon=WIN!!!

17. illusionz

illusionz Well-Known Member

I just ordered it in a retail store... I really hope I get my phone before Saturday, even though they said I'll get it at the 11th.

I most likely won't, but a boy can dream.

18. jetsfan2010

jetsfan2010 Member

I agree. I bought mine in the store because I saw that same message (5/14) when I was gonna order it online.

19. illusionz

illusionz Well-Known Member

Sweet.

I ordered mine in store on Wednesday, and now Fedex says it's going to be here by today.

Cool.

It was supposed to be here sometime next week.