Back to Basics

Last Updated:

1. malbon

malbon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 7, 2009
    Had my Hero for about 6 months and all started well. However, over time I rooted the phone and put the Modaco ROM over a few iterations with the updated Radio's etc.. Had a about 60 apps on, Taskiller etc and it all started to go a bit laggy and annoying.

Then people started complaining that their voice was echoing when i spoke to them. I wiped everything the other night and returned to standard and everything went back to normal including the voice echo !

So anyway, I'm back to Standard with the latest Orange RUU and i'm also staying away from a lot of the 3rd party apps like Handcent, Taskiller etc, which I really liked but felt were too 'heavy' for the phone.

It doesn't seem to be powerful enough to cope with what I was asking of the phone so i'm going to cut it a break and try and use it within its limits. Hopefully the lag should disappear and ill be a happy Hero again !

I think the Google Phone is the phone that we really wanted the Hero to be but I think we were the development monkies !

Anyone share the same view ?​

2. mmusaji

mmusaji Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Hi, been reading this forum for quite a while now and only just registered.

Anyway, I don't really agree. I've had my Hero for about the same time and have had no issues with it at all. The custom ROMs only made it better but I only rooted it once and not updated the ROM since so maybe that might have caused your issues?
  3. Barretta

Barretta Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Nexus One is just the next gen phone... Considering the pace of the nano-technologies and the large unexplored world of the touch-phones, the next next gen phone will appear soon and then the Nexus One users will be saying the same things u are now... :)