• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Back to Factory

odatkid

Jan 23, 2011
Florida
Hi All,
Due to Metro's recall of my LG Spirit 4G, which I really enjoyed thanks to GT ROM's and this community's great support, I'd like to know how to reset my phone to factory after rooting it. I'm running GT's "Samurai" ROM.
Is it as simple as booting into recovery and selecting "wipe data/factory reset"? Will this do as it says and also remove root? Anything else to consider?
I've backed up all my data and will remove my 32gb card before returning it. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get the Galaxy S5 but I'm open to anyone's thoughts or ideas.
Any help you can give is greatly appreciated and thanks to all for the support I've gotten over the years!

Cheers........Tom

I re-read Sammyz's guide to unbricking:

http://androidforums.com/threads/unbricking-unroot-return-to-stock-lg-spirit-4g.682564/

and that method worked for me. I wasn't sure at first but thank you all again!!!

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones