Back to FRG01B

Last Updated:

1. IHC

IHC Member This Topic's Starter

Can I use the FRG01B update.zip file to return back to it from FRG22D? I would rather have root right now than flash 10.1. (easy root)

Advertisement
  2. patch

patch Well-Known Member

Good question, I'm curious myself. The "full" 75MB FRG01B update.zip might do it. I would imagine it would work...

Does anyone know for sure?

3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

first, did you not make a ROM backup of your FRG01B ROM before you went to the, I assume, rooted version of FRG22D made by P3? That would have been the way to do it. then you could have/can just flash back to it.

BUT, if you used the "manual" version of FRG22D, then you lost root and will have to reroot again.

and BTW, you can have FRG01B and flash 10.1. You do not need FRG22D to have flash 10.1 as you can just download the 10.1 apk found floating around here and viola

4. IHC

I forced the ota update from 2.1 to frg01b which i then rooted with easy root. Then I forced frg22d ota which broke the root, I want to know if I can just force the frg01b update again to remove frg22d update. These are both ota updates not rooted or custom roms

5. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

sure, you could do FRG01B again and then run Easy Root and then get the 10.1 flash

BUT, if your going to root, you should read up on then installing ROM Manager, flashing clockworkmod and making a ROM backup of the ROM your at that you like and that way, when you want to try other ROMs, if you do not like, you can just got back to your old ROM.

BTW, the threads on here were clear - and I even posted in them - that if you push that manual OTA FRG22D you were going to loose your root. If you wanted the FRG22D that has root, you have to use the P3 released rooted deodexed version and not that manual OTA FRG22D you did. so, you could have gotten FRG22D and saved your root or just stayed at FRG01B rooted, like you had, and just downloaded flash 10.1 apk found here in the threads

IHC likes this.
  6. IHC

Cool, thanks! And yes I should have waited to push the Frg22d update because I had what I wanted with frg01b. But I pushed it anyway then regretted it. I was hoping I could get frg01b back so I could make a ROM backup like you suggested.

7. nubs

nubs Member

I did exactly what the OP did and tried to reinstall 1b from 22d and it definitely did not work.

8. Somniferum

Somniferum Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wouldn't think that would work unless you use the "full" 75Mb update as patch mentioned. The smaller update just replaces the files that changed between the two versions, so it only works in one direction. Another option would be to flash stock 2.1 using RSD Lite, then apply the update to FRG01B, but that will wipe all your data so use caution.