1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Back to jelly bean

1. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

I am currently running baked_tororplus_blackbean-4. Its a great ROM, but I would like to go back to stock. I watched this video How to Unroot / Unbrick the Sprint Galaxy Nexus - Latest - YouTube on how to unroot or unbrick your Sprint GNexus. I am new at rooting. This method is not working for me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement
    :
  2. NaterTots

NaterTots Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you are trying to re-lock the phone but if you want the stock experience this may help you.
    This is a stock JB rom that you would need to add Google apps to.

[ROM]|Purely AOSP|JB|Simple, Stock, Stable and Bugless - xda-developers

Read the first 2 posts to find out if it's something you would want.

Sorry I don't have any tips on locking the bootloader back up if it's what you are trying to do.

Naters
  3. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

Are you trying to unroot altogether? There are a couple of bone stock JB ROM's at XDA that have all the prop apks and binaries from the official JB OTA w/ gaaps included (just like an OTA :)).
    NaterTots likes this.
  4. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

The Odin method listed on XDA in the Sprint subforum worked like a charm for me when I had to return the wife's gnex. Honestly, the color adjustments alone are well worth having your phone rooted.
  5. frenchy714

Stock colors are not the business lol! Funny thing is, you don't realize how warm they are until you put a rooted Gnex running a custom kernel w/ color adjustments right next to a stock one.
    AARONONE likes this.
  6. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

Honestly it's awful.
    AARONONE likes this.
  7. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

Thanks for responding. I will stay rooted. I would miss all of the settings anyway going back to stock. This was my first time rooting so I was kind of nervous. But this black bean ROM jams so hard.
    NaterTots, frenchy714 and MizzouBrent like this.
  8. frenchy714

Glad you're staying in our community!