back to original

Last Updated:

1. ayush20m

ayush20m Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to get the original rom back and make the phone unrooted after it has been rooted?

Advertisement
  2. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

Unrooting Instructions

Yes, follow these instructions, and you'll be fine, its really an easy process, why do you want to unroot if you don't mind me asking?

3. ayush20m

hehehe. not planning to unroot. But wanna be on the safer side. if anything goes wrong i have to send my phone back to HTC ;)

ohh by the way havent rooted as well. i was reading your posts and insta's post. I so wanna do it but kinda scared at the same time.

4. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

Good idea, you'll be happy with it rooted, good luck, contact me if you need any help - jordanfritzsche@gmail.com

5. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

You know what? I was thinking and talking about this to a friend of mine.

When rooting it tells you to WIPE everything. Then install the Rom and whatever needed to get what you want. How could it be that a simple file will revert everything back to the way it was if you whipped it all?

Im not arguing the file but logically to me it makes no since.

6. ayush20m

Rooting is a root access to the phone. After that is done we install new roms. To do so we use 1.5 because it has a security hole in it.

When we revert back we get back to the stock 1.5 and update to 1.6, which automatically removes the root access. So you are back to being as it is i.e without root access and stock rom.

This might happen when 2.1 is released as well.

7. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

Ok so if im lets say running Super D and then do not want root any more. I use this file and then BAM. I'm back to tmobile's 1.5?

I think i would still be on Super D without the security hole.

8. ayush20m

9. aequitas3

aequitas3 Well-Known Member

what do i do if it sticks on system -unzipping and stays that way. with/without goldcard? i'm trying to revert back to stock because something happened with my usb connection and it won't connect to the computer via debugging, and when i try to mount it, it says to connect to a usb port. tried on three different computers and a total of 12 usb ports....

10. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

I'd check this page for a workaround first.

11. aequitas3

i would try that....but i talked to a tmobile rep about my phone not booting past the mytouch 3g screen, and she got me to do a factory reset, and now when it loads, i either constantly get process.android.acore f/c or it bootloops the htc sign...

12. InstantKarma

A reset shouldn't have removed root. Can you get to the recovery image? You can reload the rom and re-flash it from there.

13. aequitas3

that's the thing, i have the stock recovery, not Amon_ra's (sorry if i misspelled, thinking of it off the top of my head...)

edit: btw it's the mt3g 1.2 black. if that helps any. all the original 1.6 roms i can find are .nbh not .zip. just trying to get back to stock and restart from there since i entirely screwed up the phone. fortunately i haven't bricked it yet *knocks on wood*

14. InstantKarma

Sorry, I can't help you with that. Hopefully someone who can will be along shortly.

aequitas3 likes this.