Back to recording telephone calls

1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Well-Known Member

This question is about hardware as much as software so I decided to put it here.

I want to record phone calls within the phone without having to use speakerphone. My problem is in selecting an Android phone and software combination that will do this. I like the Samsung line of phones and would like to stick with that brand. It also should be internet-capable and have a large screen.

I already know the puffed up claims developers make about their programs that, to be kind, are too frequently overly optimistic so, I am looking for users who have actually done this themselves and would like to know which phone and software you have done it with.

Very Important: The recording of calls MUST be done within the phone WITHOUT having to use speaker phone.

I already have a $600 Samsung Galaxy Note from TMobile that will not do this and in addition, I have spent countless hours and another (appx) $400 in a failed attempt so I am now attempting to nail down a phone/software combination that will do this without going through another expensive fiasco.

Advertisement
  2. Pep

Pep Well-Known Member

Are your talking about a rooted phone or would you prefer to stay un-rooted?

Pep
  3. Alex Ethridge

I don't mind having to root the phone; but, I don't want to have to go into custom ROMs. I tried that with the Galaxy Note and it is just more complication that I want.
  4. Pep

Pep Well-Known Member

Ok cause I know Omega rom has a record call button standard and I'm there's other as well.
    Sorry i couldn't be much more help,hopefully some else will will be.

Pep
  5. Alex Ethridge

Thanks for your interest.
  6. Alex Ethridge

Problem seems to be solved.

Total Recall seems to run well on the stock Galaxy S5.