Back to stock. Installing the OTA

1. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Okay, the One X did not satisfy me on the root level as I was thinking it would and recent phone swapping around with the family, I have passed on the One X to my mom. Already did a factory reset (was rooted, but not running a rom) Had TWRP recovery.

So, tonight, I did a factory reset, brought everything back to pretty much stock, an OTA was waiting, it downloaded, I went ahead to install it, the phone rebooted and brought up TWRP. I was hoping it would break the custom recovery like it seems to happen on my N7, but it did not. I could not find it to install, so...

what do I need to do here? Can I install the OTA from TWRP, if so, where is the file hiding? If not, how do I install the stock recovery? I believe the firmware is still 1.85! Yeah, I know... Kind of rare.

The bootloader has been unlocked.

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

You'd need to find the stock recovery.img and flash it via fastboot. (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img), then the update should install.

Alternatively, you could go for an RUU?
    ajdroidx likes this.
  3. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Fastboot? I take it I need adb and likely windows to run it, correct?

I think I know where to find a stock recovery.

Edit: I think I just found a Mac version. May give it a go my next day off.
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Yep, needs to be done via a PC (although I think there are Mac and linux adb files floating about somewhere if you don't have easy access to windows).