• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jreink01

Android Expert
Jul 28, 2011
Saginaw, MI
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I have a acer iconia a100 rooted and currently running the carbon rom (4.2.2) and twrp recovery (2.6.3.0). I would like to go back to stock rom (ICS). I have not changed any kernals or anything like that. Can I just restore my nandroid backup of my stock rom or is there something specific I have to do? Also, I just looked and I dont have a stock backup with twrp, only with cwm. When I unlocked bootloader, I installed cwm, then must have done a backup of stock rom, then flashed carbon rom, then switched to twrp and made another backup so I would have to go back to cwm to restore nandroid. How do I go back to cwm from twrp?? Thanks for the feedback.

I am going to sell my tablet so I would like to go to my backup of my stock rom. When I restore my stock backup, I can just do a full wipe, that will get me back to the starting point of just the basic rom, right?? That will wipe all my data from the backup rom, or will a full wipe erase the rom too?? I want to get back to the basic rom (just like if I install a new rom) have to set up accounts, wifi, etc).
Also, is there a tutorial or a step by step guide to reinstall cwm back on my tablet, since my stock rom was backed up with cwm? And where do I have the files to reflash cwm. Thanks for your assistance in helping me return my tablet to the state I want.

I found a site that has it step by step, installing cwm. Here it is.
Here it is guys, Stock CWM Recovery for the ACER A100.

Before anything make sure you have the latest ICS leak C/O Vache, Root, and Unlocked Bootloader.

Official ICS Leak c/o Vache:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1510706

Root Instructions here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1531646

Unlock your bootloader for fastboot, follow here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1557445

once you have done all of the above, you should be ready to flash this recovery. Make sure you have ADB up and working properly. And place the recovery.img in your working folder (see below)

1- Open a command prompt in your working folder (usually in your platform tools, mine is C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools) make sure you are administrator.

2- Connect Tablet to pc and get excited.

3- Type: adb devices (verify your Tab is connected and listed)

4- Type: adb reboot bootloader

5- Once bootloader is in fastboot type: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
You will see writing recovery, flashing recovery, etc.

6- Once flashed Type: fastboot reboot

7- Profit

But it says make sure you have the latest ics leak?? Are they refferring to the rom?? If so, I currently have carbon rom istalled which is jellybean. This will not work then?? I am a little confused and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones