• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Back to the android fold with a Note 3!

Ian W

Lurker
Jan 18, 2014
Evening all

My contract with 3 has recently ended and instead of going with an update to my iPhone 4S in the way of a 5S, I decided that I'd much rather get a bit more for my money and went for the Note 3.

It's a big old beast, but given I use it mainly for photos / videos / social media / reading (i.e. more of a tablet with the odd call or text thrown in), it looks like it's going to fit the bill perfectly.

One thing that will take me a while to get to grips with is the fact that it's just so customisable! I've had an android phone before in the way of a HTC Desire, but I have to say that kinda put me off and dated really, really quickly.

Been doing all of my updates, downloading apps etc so far which has been a piece of cake. Now I'm looking to get the phone looking how I want and to get used to the things that I can do on this that just weren't possible with the 4S.

It seems like a really good place for info here and can't wait to have a look around. Apologies for the lengthy intro, hopefully you guys haven't fallen asleep yet and will help me when I come to asking about 'launchers' etc.....i.e. soon!

Cheers

Ian

Try the Nova launcher. You can stop at any point and save the setup you have, so if you mess it up and want to go back to what you had, it's trivial. It's also a great launcher.

But do keep track of what you're downloading. I know 25GB seems like forever, but you will eventually run out of space.

And enjoy the toy. Learn to use the S Pen - it's not just for Samsung apps.

Upvote 0
Hello Ian W. Nope... we are awake :) Welcome to AF. Welcome back to android as well. Congrats on the new Note 3. We have a designated area for the phone found here:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Android Forums
That's where all the members owning the Note will be hanging out and exchanging tips and tricks as well as lending any needed support. I think you will enjoy the area and I encourage you to check it out. Thanks for joining and I hope you really enjoy your return to an android device and these forums prove fun and helpful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones