back to working properlySupport

Last Updated:

1. iamfiretruck

iamfiretruck Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

A quick list of why this is not working to my knowledge, then a list of things i have done. All of which could be solved if we could reflash roms. Sadface,

I got my phone and rooted, system dumped. So i have every apk.

I cannot use default messanging.apk it fc, calendar was fcing on opening events or adding new, it now works i, reinstalled all calendar apks, and started using jorte so it did not matter anymore. I cannot add new accounts, receive mms (fixed post 3). Handcent can do everything but recieve MMS with out the stock messaging application. I cannot open stock messaging (fixed post 3), or the stock home application. I have to use launcher pro.

I installed the core bloatware city id and blockbuster. And hard reset that's when alot of this default apps stopped working. The phone was worse before the hard reset. I think if i uninstall all my apps. Leave su and busybox, install all the system apks, format sdcard, reload su busy box, and any additional all root files that are needed, i can hard reset to a perfect stock phone with root and start over only renaming system apks one at a time with a reboot in between to guarantee things work properly.

Any comments....

Advertisement
  2. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Only that I enjoy the intelligence ratio between your post and your username. :>

3. iamfiretruck

:D with a half working droidx i needed that laugh... MMS works again. had to install conversations.apk... sadly all my messages appear to the left if contacts... maybe some on could mod the conversations.apk

4. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Take a look at this. Perhaps it's the answer.

http://androidforums.com/all-things...-x-sbf-file-released-now-you-can-unbrick.html

If you can do this process fully and correctly, I think you should be able to return to a completely stock phone.

What do you think?

5. iamfiretruck

tyty
    still a tad new to sbf and bootloader