Back up application settings

Last Updated:

1. RTAdams89

RTAdams89 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm considering moving from my 2.1 rooted to one of the recently released 2.2 builds. As is suggested, I plan on resetting my phone (aka, wiping) before installing 2.2. Anyhow, there are a few programs with a lot of configuration options that I would like to not have to manually re-do. Is there a way to backup the settings for specific applications, and restore them after the apps have been automatically restored?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Titanium backup does all app settings.

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Titanium Backup is THEE tool you need. Worth every penny, and it will backup all of your apps as well as their associated data. PRICELESS!

You may want to consider MyBackupPro, as well. This app allows you to backup your call log, and sms/mms database. Although, I'm not 100% certain that these databases are compatible with 2.2 Froya. They probably are, but I haven't tested that yet.

4. RTAdams89

RTAdams89 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have titanium backup, so I'm not sure why I didn't think of that. Thanks guys.

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

For SMS backup, use SMS backup and Restore by Ritesh - it works - tested with backup made from Pete's BB and restored to Froyo.