Back Up Contacts?

Last Updated:

1. whitecloud197

whitecloud197 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Guyys,

Im just wondering,

I just got my hero not long ago from a person i know that has had it for a few weeks.

Im looking at Upgrading my ROM software as from what I can tell I do not currently have the most updated software for my phone.

Doing some reading on the HTC Website it said it will erase all user data, so im assuming that means contacts and stuff.

Am I able to back up my Contacts myself ? and if so Can someone tell me how to do it?

Thank you !!!

Advertisement
  2. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Well-Known Member

If your phone is tied to your gmail account, your contacts should be automatically backed up to your gmail contacts.

3. whitecloud197

Oh Awesome, Thank you for that Info.

Now Whats the process to get the contacts BACK onto the phone after i do this ROM update?

4. whitecloud197

Oh Apparently I already have this ROM update.....too bad.

The HTC Site states "ROM Version:2.73.61.66 for Orange"

And my build # i s2.73.661.46

So i guess I shouldn't do the update as it would appear i have a more updated one eh ?

And Is the Firmware Version the Andriod Version ? If So , I have 1.5 and Am waiting to figure out how to get 2.1

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

You're posting from Canada, right?

That build number seems to be a Telus branded phone, not Orange (a UK network). You need to track down the latest 1.5 Telus firmware and then the 2.1 update should appear.

I'm not quite sure which firmware you need though. We need a Telus user in here :)

Oh don't worry about contacts. All of your google contacts will be downloaded the first time you connect to the network. (So make sure all of your contacts are syncing to google at the moment).

6. whitecloud197

Yes Im from Telus :)

And Tried to use the HTC Website to follow the instructions on how to download the 2.1

It says go to settings, go to About Phone, then click System software Update (instructions fo rhte HTC Hero)

Would be nice if i ACTUALLY had that button but i dont....

so got no idea what to do now lol

But as for the contacts thing, Thanks for letting me know about that. Great that its automatic so i dont have to worry about it!!

7. carracas

carracas New Member

A lot of tips in this thread (started a long, long time ago..):
    Android 2.1 for TELUS Hero - HTC Hero (TELUS) - Android Forums - HTC Community

Set the date on your phone a week or two ahead, then restart your phone. Be sure to be on wifi. Then the OTA- update should apare. This "trick" worked when I got 2.1 in Norway, and is reported to work for Telus in the thread above.

Someone was also smart enough to download the update (when it was available from the htc-site), and it is available in a link in thread linked above (first post on page 39(!)).

J